Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Shitstain wins a trophy....

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Re: Shitstain wins a trophy....

Postby Weemaryanne » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:08 pm

I call Poe on the, um, trophy, and admire the ingenuity of expressing a Poejob as folk art rather than as a blog post.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby Jessica » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm

It is! It's a schoolboy joke played by Artoro Murano on the Creationists. They are either too innocent or too proud to admit they have been played like a cheap violin for entertainment purposes.
Either that or Artoro is one of them, that is promoted beyond his talent because he is Bible literalists.
I mean. I am totally crap at designing things, but I could knock something better than that together.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby BaldySlaphead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Unless I have suddenly become utterly incompetent at Google, this chap doesn't merit a single result apart from in the CSHoF story.

Try it: put "Artoro Murano" (in quotes) into Google. Try it without (more results, not relevant). Try it along with 'Mexico City University'. Or 'artist'.

Whoever he is, he's very low profile.
BaldySlaphead

Postby Shol'va » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:49 pm

"Creation science". Talk about oxymorons. Kinda like saying "willful rape victim"
Shol'va

Ray gets an award

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:46 am

If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Re: Ray gets an award

Postby BathTub » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:29 am

BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:34 am

Rats! Beaten to the punch. Sorry everyone.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby Jessica » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Has Ray personally acknowledged his winning the Gish-Morris-Whitcomb Award anywhere yet?
I know it is all about him, but surely someone else, even of a similar stripe, acknowledging his contribution to anything must have pressed a few right buttons and made his lights light up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby BathTub » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:08 pm

No not that I've seen.
BathTub
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master