Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Have Mercy!

Discussion on things related to LW, WotM, Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, and Tony Miano

Have Mercy!

Postby rufustfirefly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 pm

rufustfirefly

Re: Have Mercy!

Postby Jessica » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:07 am

The Grammy's all out attack on the traditional family?
What could it be? I haven't got a telly so I'm not plugged into the Matrix so to speak. (I am so down on pop culture I don't even know if that is a reference used in context). All I knew is that the Grammys is to do with music (grammy=gramophone).
But what could the all out attack on the traditional family be?
Laying people off and cutting their benefits so they can no longer support their families, lose their homes and have to live in grotty bed and breakfast accommodation?
Refusing to pay a living wage so both mum and dad have to work to keep body and soul together so the child cannot benefit from mum being at home when he comes home from school and ends up a latchkey kid and gets into trouble with the law?
Increasing rent and utility bills to such an extent that mum and dad spend most of their time budgeting and arguing and therefore distressing their children?
So I looked and I saw;
The all out attack on the traditional family from the Grammy Awards was a scene where there was a mass wedding including same sex couples which could possibly be cynically considered as a publicity stunt to push the official same sex marriage anthem Same Love.
That's it.

And a nice advert for Mercy Rule, this new film that Christians are asking for and want NOW. (all caps! Challenging or what?)
Hey Kirk, any mercy rule for LGBT kids and adults who are being disowned, committing suicide, being thought of as less, and in some countries treated like official pariahs at best or locked up or executed at worst just because they won't fit in with your interpretation of your particular favourite book of ancient myths?
Loser.

One more thing: Fireproof restored marriages? On what planet? Seriously.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby creativerealms » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:08 am

Well remember family has to be husband wife and kids. No single parents no same sex families and so on. Those are not traditional families.

Now I did not watch the grammys so I don't know but what Christians think are personal attacks tend to be something else.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby creativerealms » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 am

After a quick search it's this that Mr Cameron has a problem With.

Last edited by AD6LR on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Youtubed.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Postby E-lad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 am

Humans do seem to have a propensity and need for long term relationships, but biblical type marriage does nothing to guarantee the stability of LTRs.

"Ironically, the very practices meant to shore up marital security in conservative communities end up sabotaging it."

Check it out.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby BaldySlaphead » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:22 am

I love how he makes out that by releasing his movie straight to DVD/Download he's listening to his fans. They didn't want to watch it in a cinema, OK? Kirk definitely had that option open to him, but his fans demanded he release it straight to DVD. Good on you, Kirk.
BaldySlaphead

Postby BathTub » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:11 am

BaldySlaphead wrote:I love how he makes out that by releasing his movie straight to DVD/Download he's listening to his fans. They didn't want to watch it in a cinema, OK? Kirk definitely had that option open to him, but his fans demanded he release it straight to DVD. Good on you, Kirk.

Haha yep, so amazingly full of it.

Oh this is actually a film, not one of his fake documentaries.

4300 views, it's going viral!
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:26 pm

guy gives me the creeps.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby shadowmouse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Stoned Immaculate wrote:guy gives me the creeps.

Here, have a creepy meme: Kirk Cameron's Nipples

Can anyone verify once and for all whether Kirk Cameron's nipples have ever been photographed?

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=428648
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Return to Living Waters & Way of the Master