Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Eric Hovind: If evolution is true, than Josh did nothing bad

Discussion on things related to CSE, Kent & Eric Hovind, and Circular "dizzy" Sye

Eric Hovind: If evolution is true, than Josh did nothing bad

Postby the_ignored » Tue May 26, 2015 12:18 am

You can see this shit here.

The truth is, it is you who is applying a double standard. If evolution is true, then there is no absolute right and wrong. If evolution is true Josh should not have admitted his faults over a decade ago because what one evolved bag of molecules does to another bag of molecules just doesn’t really matter. If evolution is true there is no ultimate Judge on the bench who will hold every man, woman, and child responsible for their actions. And if evolution is true you will not give an account for every idle word you speak.

The truth is, we all use Christian Morality to judge people. The very idea of judgment comes from Christianity

Or, if you don't want to read Eric's site himself, this Raw story article
the_ignored

Re: Eric Hovind: If evolution is true, than Josh did nothing

Postby the_ignored » Tue May 26, 2015 1:14 am

Sigh...well, if you know me...

The links that you see in the screenshots:
--http://www.patheos.com/blogs/permissiontolive/2015/05/its-not-just-the-duggars.html

--http://gawker.com/the-duggar-homeschool-programs-terrifying-advice-on-sex-1706406324

the_ignored

Postby zilch » Tue May 26, 2015 6:59 am

Yep. I especially hope these abused girls- but also Josh- get out of this movement, and get some help. And that they tell their stories.

The silver lining (but it shouldn't have to be at this cost) is that it's rather bad publicity for fundies. I've read many comments from self-described conservative Christians who were shocked. I hope they think about it.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue May 26, 2015 12:57 pm

zilch wrote:Yep. I especially hope these abused girls- but also Josh- get out of this movement, and get some help. And that they tell their stories.

The silver lining (but it shouldn't have to be at this cost) is that it's rather bad publicity for fundies. I've read many comments from self-described conservative Christians who were shocked. I hope they think about it.

19 kids, I have to believe we'll see a couple down the road walk away from the family and tell their story. Who knows, there might be a gay one in the mix.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby the_ignored » Wed May 27, 2015 12:15 am

Here's another fucked up defense.

The more that those people say these things, the more they show what THEIR moral system is like. And the more that people will start to wake up, I hope.
the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Wed May 27, 2015 12:55 am

the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Wed May 27, 2015 12:56 am

Guess what Pastor Steven Anderson has to say?

Probably the only time I'll ever come close to having any kind of agreement with him.
the_ignored

Postby the_ignored » Wed May 27, 2015 1:20 am

It's a nice change from the usual xian practice of blaming the victim.

Anyone remember this?
the_ignored

Postby zilch » Wed May 27, 2015 9:54 am

The Duggars are too "liberal and worldly" for Steve Anderson. Hmmm.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Ryk » Wed May 27, 2015 11:49 pm

I have been very reluctant to pile on against Josh Duggar. He is a bigoted fundie freak of course and I dislike him for that but his sexual molesting is different. It is a very complicated thing that can't be reduced to simple politics. It is obviously wrong but considering his twisted upbringing and the fact that he was a teenager at the time I have a hard time condemning him. I can condemn his actions of course and I wish he had been prosecuted and received both consequences and real counseling, instead of the phony "mentoring" his whack job parents arranged I can't hate him for it. My biggest problem with him, and the main reason I think he is still a threat is all of his statements on the subject revolve around the harm he did himself, his future, his family, gawd, etc. He doesn't seem to show any real concern for his actual victims. This sends a strong message that he still lacks empathy and might offend again if he hasn't already.
I like a little rebellion now and then.
Thomas Jefferson
Dead Ryks Underground
Ryk

Next

Return to Creation Science Evangelism