Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Kent Hovind claims that god put contradictions in bible

Discussion on things related to CSE, Kent & Eric Hovind, and Circular "dizzy" Sye

Kent Hovind claims that god put contradictions in bible

Postby the_ignored » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:38 pm

Why? To flush out atheists, those who have already decided to not believe in god anyway.
the_ignored

Re: Kent Hovind claims that god put contradictions in bible

Postby E-lad » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:48 pm

the_ignored wrote:Why? To flush out atheists, those who have already decided to not believe in god anyway.

OI saw that earlier today. What a pitiful, failed, sorry son of a bitch. That poor bastard. Delusion is a very sad condition.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby vms » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:56 pm

Young Earth creationism evangelist Kent Hovind asserted this week that God had purposefully put contradictions in the Bible to “weed out” non-believers.

Kent Hovind must have had a false conversion. The true believers (Ken Ham, Ray Comfort, et al) insist there are no contradictions in the buy-bull.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Dax Williams » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:18 am

That truly made my 2015.
Contradictions.
Could Christians get another chance to get to buy
Kent an airplane for GOD?
I just feel so fuzzy!
Happy New Year everybody
Dax
Dax Williams

Postby zilch » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:25 am

Happy New Year to you too, Dax, and to everyone else! It actually snowed today! I guess global warming is a hoax by Fat Al Gore after all!

And yeah, of course Kent would believe that contradictions are a "snare for the proud" (Psalm 140:5). But I seem to remember Ray quoting this too.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby the_ignored » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:13 am

vms wrote:
Young Earth creationism evangelist Kent Hovind asserted this week that God had purposefully put contradictions in the Bible to “weed out” non-believers.

Kent Hovind must have had a false conversion. The true believers (Ken Ham, Ray Comfort, et al) insist there are no contradictions in the buy-bull.

Hovind still thinks that actually. He talks about apparent contradictions only. That video shows some of the shabbiest apologetic excuses I've ever seen.
the_ignored

Postby zilch » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 am

Yep. This is the logical equivalent of "heads I win, tails you lose". A sucker's game if there ever was one.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:09 pm

“If I was God,” Hovind explains, “I would write the book in such a way that those who don’t want to believe in me anyway would think they found something. ‘Aha, here’s why I don’t believe.'”

Hovind says that he made a choice to “believe the Bible until it’s proven wrong.”

“I know others who have decided, ‘I’m not going to believe it until you prove everything is right,'” he notes. “Okay, you do whatever you want to do, but I made the opposite decision.”

Interesting. Hovind Sr has it on record that the Bible doesn't necessary contain The Perfect Truth for Salvation but is open to interpretation.

It's possible the ex con is still orienting himself back to life outside. This wonder at being given a key to unlock one's own door and being able to go outside under one's own volition is bound to make one's head spin and prevent one from thinking clearly.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to Creation Science Evangelism