Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

MBS. Masters of Bull Shitology

Discussion on things related to the Institution for Creation Research

MBS. Masters of Bull Shitology

Postby craig » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:22 am

Bill Would Allow Texas School to Grant Master's Degree in Science for Creationism

Sorry if this has been posted already.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509719,00.html
craig

Re: MBS. Masters of Bull Shitology

Postby Quasar » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:58 am

Cool! I'm going to Texas to get an official Bachelor in Ghostbusting Science, including Proton Packs 101, Introduction to EMF Readings and Studies in Marshmellow Cross-Promotion!

Phlogiston! Teach the controversy!
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby rufustfirefly » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:05 am

Now Terry Burton can really be a "science degree guy".
rufustfirefly

Postby Enshoku » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:43 am

While fighting to show that evolution isn't a science, they are adding creation science as a scientific field? How many scientific fields do we have that are unfalsifiable as whole? Not even quantum physics can compare to creationism in terms of fuckery of the scientific method. On second thought, why are the politicians allowed to make decisions about things they don't understand much about? Maybe we should have national institutes of science/law/art etc that decide the degree standards, but then we'd run into the problem of who has to create new institutes when needed.
Ya know, I'd like to suggest a suggestion forum, but oddly enough there is no place to suggest it.

Red text is Red.
Enshoku

Postby E-lad » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 am

Can we give Texas back to Mexico?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby craig » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:25 am

E-lad wrote:Can we give Texas back to Mexico?

I'm getting behind Chuck "Action Pants" Norris' plan. We need to keep Austin though.

Everything's bigger in Texas, even their boneheads.
craig

Postby E-lad » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:57 am

I see that the Texas school board has defeated their bill to teach the problems with evolution; by a tie!
That was close, but this will be in effect for ten years and hopefully they will progress enough in that time avoid this happening again.

Here is the article.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Quasar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanks for the link, E-lad.

Normally I don't take offence to those stupid "lists of scientists who doubt evolution" that creationists always seem to be peddling: it's reached the point where even the creationists realise they're stupid and tacky.

And then I read something like this:
"I don't see how we can say there is no disagreement about evolution. There is disagreement," said Mercer, taking issue with science teachers and academics who told the board that the theory of evolution is universally accepted in the scientific community. He cited a document by hundreds of scientists questioning some of Darwin's tenets.

Now adding Ken Mercer to my Drop Bear Mailing List.
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby E-lad » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 pm

He cited a document by hundreds of scientists questioning some of Darwin's tenets.

There are many disputes among scientists, especially on breakthrough findings on the mechanics of evolution. This is very healthy for science.
However, there is no dispute whatsoever in the scientific community that evolution has and still is, at work.

This is just another lame attempt to obfuscate certain controversies in the scientific community. These controversies will be resolved but they are surely not controversies that a high school level biology class has any business being concerned with.
The level of these controversies are far beyond the level of understanding of high school kids and even some college level of understanding. Their M.O. remains the same; try to make it look like valid controversies need to be discussed and use that to insert absurd creationist ideas.
E-lad

Return to Institute for Creation Research