Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Gun-toting Christian admits cheating on combat vet husband

Many of our members are or were religious at some point in their lives. Feel free to post discussions on religious topics here.

Gun-toting Christian admits cheating on combat vet husband

Postby BaldySlaphead » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 am

Forgive me if this has already been put up, but this did make me smirk:

Remember her?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/gun- ... y-staffer/
BaldySlaphead

Re: Gun-toting Christian admits cheating on combat vet husba

Postby E-lad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 am

Two bit hypocrite.
Fundamentalist christianity is full of them.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby vms » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:29 am

BaldySlaphead wrote:Forgive me if this has already been put up, but this did make me smirk:

Made me smirk as well.

Fisher said. “I don’t condone my own actions or excuse them, but I have forgiven myself for them and I will be moving forward.”

Oh she forgave herself, so all is good.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:05 pm

“Happy military wife with kids and church and happy, happy, happy. False. My life crumbled. My marriage crumbled. I lost my faith in God.”

She lost her faith in God. That means she became an atheist. That explains the adultery.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

In a somewhat related story:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/2 ... lp00000592
Gay Alabama Lawmaker Threatens To Expose Colleagues' Marital Infidelities

WASHINGTON -- Alabama's only openly gay legislator is putting her anti-gay colleagues on notice: If they keep espousing family values rhetoric as a reason to oppose marriage equality, she'll start making their marital infidelities public.

"I will not stand by and allow legislators to talk about 'family values' when they have affairs, and I know of many who are and have," wrote state Rep. Patricia Todd (D) on Facebook over the weekend, as reported by the TimesDaily in Alabama. "I will call our elected officials who want to hide in the closet out."

Todd's post came after a federal judge ruled Friday that Alabama's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional. She told The Huffington Post that she decided to issue her threat after reading some of the anti-gay rhetoric coming from certain elected officials in the state.

"If certain people come out and start espousing this rhetoric about family values, then I will say, 'Let's talk about family values, because here's what I heard.' I don't have direct knowledge, because obviously I'm not the other person involved in the affair. But one thing you would never hear about me is that I ever cheated on a partner or had an affair," said Todd.

"One thing I'm pretty consistent on is I do not like hypocrites," she added. "If you can explain your position and you hold yourself to the same standard you want to hold me to, then fine. But you cannot go out there and smear my community by condemning us and somehow making us feel less than, and expect me to be quiet."

On Sunday night, U.S. District Court Judge Callie Granade issued a two-week stay on her ruling, meaning that same-sex couples will have to wait a bit longer to wed. Her order gives the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals until Feb. 9 to decide whether to continue the delay. Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange (R) said he would have preferred a stay until the spring or summer, when the Supreme Court is set to rule on the constitutionality of marriage equality nationwide.

If Granade's ruling is upheld, Alabama will be the 37th state to legalize marriage equality.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:14 pm

That's a gutsy lady. Serves 'em right.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:33 pm

“I will continue to fight for the unborn and the Constitution, just like I always have, and I will continue to share my imperfect journey as a Christian, just like I always have,” Fisher said. “I don’t condone my own actions or excuse them, but I have forgiven myself for them and I will be moving forward.”

Right-wingers in the States are almost completely alien to those over here. Almost a different breed. You have housewives carrying a Bible and a gun together in a non ironic way. We have Boris Johnson wearing Union Jack socks. I suppose they feel the same about our Conservatives.
When did Liberal become a dirty word?
But never mind that!
I remember when it was first put on the Internet and she was compared with that Islam terrorist woman, the White Widow, same pose, same gender, same idea. I remember thinking, that girl is ripe for a bit on the side, because there is no way she is happy being the little wifey to her brave soldier husband.
But (again I never noted it down so I've no evidence) I expected it to be with another woman.

That's a gutsy lady. Serves 'em right.

Zilch. Yes. As for the marriage equality in Alabama, do they have it or not? It keeps being passed and then overridden then passed. Last thing I heard there was a stay on equality. Surely if they've got room for adulterous hettie women with guns and Scriptures they've got room for happily married dykes.

Holly Fisher is from a different state, apparently. Where they've already got marriage equality.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby zilch » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Jessica wrote:Surely if they've got room for adulterous hettie women with guns and Scriptures they've got room for happily married dykes.

So one would think. But only if one were a reasonable human being.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby BeamStalk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:01 pm

The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:04 pm

BeamStalk wrote:Image

Good question. I hope they can put down their guns and talk someday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Next

Return to The SMRT Religion Project