Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Question for Ex-Christians

Many of our members are or were religious at some point in their lives. Feel free to post discussions on religious topics here.

Re: Question for Ex-Christians

Postby zilch » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Jessica- I'm afraid my demons are not that impressive: they don't have super powers and they can't grant my desires. And they tend to be boring.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:15 am

zilch wrote:Jessica- I'm afraid my demons are not that impressive: they don't have super powers and they can't grant my desires. And they tend to be boring.

They sound like boring demons. I'd go to an exorcist if I was you. Have them thrown out then go get some more interesting ones. :twisted:
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 am

You're right, I need demons more like this one: :twisted:
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Photosynthesis » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm

E-lad wrote:My question concerns how Satan tempts us.
Does he somehow place the temptation before us? Or does he get in our brain somehow and make us make the wrong decision?
Or does he somehow put the thoughts in my brain when I drive past my favorite bar, like, "Hey, Froggie, you need to go in and have just one beer." The I think to myself, "naw, not today." Then Satan somehow communicates to me through my own thoughts, injecting into my consciousness, "Awe heck, you haven't stopped by there for over a week!"

It seems that the devil is running around like a lion and shit like that, able to tempt billions of people at any moment.

Just how in the actual fuck is that supposed to work?

All of the above.
Photosynthesis

Previous

Return to The SMRT Religion Project