Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Adam was more powerful than Jesus

Many of our members are or were religious at some point in their lives. Feel free to post discussions on religious topics here.

Adam was more powerful than Jesus

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:07 am

See what you think of my argument.

Adam disobey's God and sins resulting in the fall. This means that the whole of creation is corrupted and that every one of us becomes infected with original sin. Now we don't have to accept Adam's actions. We don't have to trust in Adam. No we all get to share in the fruits of Adam's sin even if we don't want to.

When Jesus died he offers us God's forgiveness. But this forgiveness doesn't come automatically. No, we have to trust Jesus and accept him as our lord and savior. Why? We never had to do that with Adam.

And how about nature? Even if everyone believes nature remains screwed up by the fall. Although the animals get to suffer from Adam's actions they get no benefit from Jesus' actions since they have no souls.

So what are we to think? Adam's actions had consequences which were automatic and applied not only to all humans in perpetuity but also to all of nature. Jesus' actions apply only to those who trust and accept him. It would seem obvious then that Adam was more powerful than Christ.

What do you think of my argument? Please critique.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Re: Adam was more powerful than Jesus

Postby Milo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:56 pm

I've always said the free gift is hell, not salvation. Yes, it appears that Adam had powers far exceeding his puny human status. Satan is another one of God's creatures that has power matching God's. Christianity has a lot of gods for a religion that claims to be monotheistic.
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Postby Chris » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Milo wrote:I've always said the free gift is hell, not salvation. Yes, it appears that Adam had powers far exceeding his puny human status. Satan is another one of God's creatures that has power matching God's. Christianity has a lot of gods for a religion that claims to be monotheistic.

Thanks Milo. And to all my fellow SMRTians a merry Christmas, happy Hannukah, happy holidays, or whatever else floats your boat. Y*\M/
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:54 am

Chris wrote:And to all my fellow SMRTians a merry Christmas, happy Hannukah, happy holidays, or whatever else floats your boat. Y*\M/

Thanks, and same here. I will never eat again as long as I live.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:56 pm

zilch wrote:I will never eat again as long as I live.

I had that same feeling last night. Nothing like gaining 5 pounds in one sitting (at least it feels that way).
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby God-Prank » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:29 am

Any Atheists here?
God-Prank

Postby shadowmouse » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:27 pm

God-Prank wrote:Any Atheists here?

They wouldn't dare to show up here...
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Postby God-Prank » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:58 pm

Thank the living God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! :shock:
God-Prank

Return to The SMRT Religion Project