Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

God rested?

Many of our members are or were religious at some point in their lives. Feel free to post discussions on religious topics here.

God rested?

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:57 am

So I'm just sitting here thinking about the whole God resting after creation part of Genesis, it's obviously funny thinking about to begin with, I mean God resting? But anyway, wouldn't that bound God by time? I've heard fundies weasel out of the conundrum of God knowingly creating everything with the understanding man would sin by saying that bounds him by time so it's not really a problem. He sees the end and the beginning all at the same time, this apparently gets him off the hook for that fuck up. Whatever. But honestly, God resting? Doesn't that completely bound him by time? Idk, nothing too interesting here, but was just thinking about that. As you were...
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Re: God rested?

Postby vms » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:01 am

Wrt god resting my question would be: Why would an omnipotent entity being ever need to rest?
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby God-Prank » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:42 am

As an example for man to rest on the Sabbath.
God-Prank

Postby BaldySlaphead » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:48 am

Yes. You know, it's like the time that God chucked all his leavened baked goods in the bin on the Fast of the Firstborn as an example for man to destroy his chametz on the 14th of Nisan, isn't it?
BaldySlaphead

Postby zilch » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:21 pm

BaldySlaphead wrote:Yes. You know, it's like the time that God chucked all his leavened baked goods in the bin on the Fast of the Firstborn as an example for man to destroy his chametz on the 14th of Nisan, isn't it?

Not to mention the "example" God made of the Amalekites. Unfortunately, that one has been eagerly imitated.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby God-Prank » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:25 pm

Maybe someone should imitate the judgment of the Amalekites with ISIS.
God-Prank

Return to The SMRT Religion Project