Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Evolution syndrome

Evolution is the hot-button topic that brought us together, so we come here to discuss the latest news and discoveries. Think you can refute it? This is a great place to post your thoughts also.

Evolution syndrome

Postby vms » Fri May 09, 2014 1:12 am

This is from conservapedia, sounds like something Ken Ham would write:

Evolution syndrome is the tendency of some people to insist compulsively that human evolution from animals must somehow be true, and to spend nearly all of their time pushing that belief on others. It is reflected on the internet by people who devote over 90% of their edits and postings to pushing their belief in evolution and insisting on censoring or demonizing alternative views of the issue. They are particularly against teaching any alternative theories to children in school, sometimes claiming that this will harm children's critical thinking. A childish insistence on last wordism is a common characteristic of evolution syndrome.

Sufferers of evolution syndrome tend to be college students or graduates who wanted to excel in math or physics, but lacked the ability or work ethic to do so. They are frustrated "wannabees" with respect to academic recognition. But they find that liberals will praise their intelligence if they promote evolution. This is analogous to a struggling ball player deceitfully turning to steroids to enhance his performance, and thereby make it to the "Big Leagues."

Evolution syndrome blinds its victims to the logical fallacy of their materialism: if human senses have merely evolved, then it is to be expected that human senses have not developed to the point of being able to detect all of reality. Much of reality would still be "unseen" to an evolving human. Yet victims of evolution syndrome insist that there is nothing unseen, and no God.

The primary effect of evolution syndrome is to keep its victims away from learning the Bible. Victims of this syndrome claim to be educated, yet justify their complete ignorance about the Bible in their slavish commitment to their evolution belief system.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: Evolution syndrome

Postby BaldySlaphead » Fri May 09, 2014 7:25 am

Even the person writing that must surely have recognise what a load of horse shit they were writing?
BaldySlaphead

Postby Weemaryanne » Fri May 09, 2014 7:51 pm

BaldySlaphead wrote:Even the person writing that must surely have recognise what a load of horse shit they were writing?

Say, did anyone else notice that horse shit rhymes with Holy Writ?

Just me?

Figures.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby Jarle Kotsbak » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Seems I have got this syndrome :D
http://oet.life
Jarle Kotsbak

Postby vms » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Hi there Jarle, welcome to the forums. Stay awhile. I see you're from Norway, that's one of my 'must see' countries to visit someday.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Return to Evolution...Not Just for Monkeys Anymore