Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Trust in the TOE Increasing Dramatically

Evolution is the hot-button topic that brought us together, so we come here to discuss the latest news and discoveries. Think you can refute it? This is a great place to post your thoughts also.

Trust in the TOE Increasing Dramatically

Postby E-lad » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 am

Agreement with the statement, "Humans evolved and God had no part in the process" has increased from 9 to 19 percent in only 12 years. I think that in 50 years it will be mostly universally accepted. Bill Nye says only 20 years.

And so it it now less than half of the population that believe God invented humans in present form.
The end of this argument is in sight and only lunatic fringe types will hold on to it.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: Trust in the TOE Increasing Dramatically

Postby Ryk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Well I am glad that it is trending up but that is the saddest graph I have ever seen. The very fact that the extreme myth version is the highest, the sort of myth version is in the middle and the factual version is at the bottom just creeps me out. I live in a college town in a liberal state, I am used to people accepting science based on evidence and keeping the magic out of it, even the believers in various religions take the evolution + god route, actual, literal creationists are a rarity, I just assumed it was like that everywhere except places like the Bible Belt or Afghanistan. Looking at that graph and seeing the fairy tale version holding the majority really shook my faith in humanity. Fortunately it is going in the right direction at least.
I like a little rebellion now and then.
Thomas Jefferson
Dead Ryks Underground
Ryk

Postby Ryk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Looking at the graph I see something else disturbing. The gain in belief in the theory of evolution are not coming at the expense of the creotards, they are holding pretty steady. Most of the growth is at the expense of theistic evolutionists, so in terms of education it is almost a zero sum game. Those who understand evolution with or without a God have remained pretty flat, those who believe it was all poofed out by a magic sky pixie have also held pretty stable. Not a promising sign, understanding of science is still the majority position but not by nearly enough of a margin.
I like a little rebellion now and then.
Thomas Jefferson
Dead Ryks Underground
Ryk

Postby E-lad » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Settle down Grasshopper, ( ;) ) a hundred fifty years ago the bible was the default position for 99 percent of the average person.
It is indeed sad that myths are so pervasive.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Return to Evolution...Not Just for Monkeys Anymore