Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Flavors of Creationism

Evolution is the hot-button topic that brought us together, so we come here to discuss the latest news and discoveries. Think you can refute it? This is a great place to post your thoughts also.

Flavors of Creationism

Postby E-lad » Thu May 28, 2015 2:59 pm

From PZ Myers:

There are many flavors of creationism. There are young earth creationists like Answers in Genesis; there are old earth creationists like the gang at Reasons to Believe; there are Islamic, Jewish, and Hindu creationists in addition to Christian creationists; there are creationists who insist that every species was uniquely created, creationists who allow evolution within a family, and creationists who say god created phyla, and the variation otherwise is all natural; there are creationists who believe everything evolved except human beings, who were specially created. You don’t get to hide behind the peculiarities of your specific sect to deny the shared attributes of the larger group.

Yes, I like that. Well descripted.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: Flavors of Creationism

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:54 pm

There are many flavors of creationism. There are young earth creationists like Answers in Genesis; there are old earth creationists like the gang at Reasons to Believe; there are Islamic, Jewish, and Hindu creationists in addition to Christian creationists; there are creationists who insist that every species was uniquely created, creationists who allow evolution within a family, and creationists who say god created phyla, and the variation otherwise is all natural; there are creationists who believe everything evolved except human beings, who were specially created. You don’t get to hide behind the peculiarities of your specific sect to deny the shared attributes of the larger group.

Yes, I like that. Well descripted.

Yes! I like it too. I'm not sure why the Discovery Institute Creationists keep pushing to 'teach the controversy' in classrooms when there are so many controversies to teach. It's all right insisting there are two sides to any story but there must be hundreds of sides. Unless they mean their own controversy.
Why is theirs the only controversy anyway?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to Evolution...Not Just for Monkeys Anymore