Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

This looks like a nice mental refuge

Come in, be welcome, introduce yourselves...

This looks like a nice mental refuge

Postby 3point14rat » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Howdy all,

I've been attempting to communicate with an xtian fellow in the comments of a Youtube video, but he is so incredibly obtuse I had to search for a refuge of sanity. I just stumbled on this place so thought I'd join in case I want to comment some time. I haven't really looked around much, but the first few minutes makes me think I'll like it.

Hope to see some of you around here in the future.

Cheers,
3point14rat
“It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.” Edwin Way Teale
3point14rat

Re: This looks like a nice mental refuge

Postby vms » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi 3point14rat,

Welcome to the forums. We have an eclectic bunch here. Drop by anytime you want.

vms
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:40 pm

haha, oh man, youtube comment discussions, that takes me back. Welcome, make yourself at home!
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby 3point14rat » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:26 pm

I just read the first seven pages of the "Hey peoples" thread here in the Foyer. It's very similar to the Youtube 'discussion' I that drove me here (except the Youtube guy wasn't nearly as good at attempting to answer questions or even acknowledge a question was asked). In fact it's amazingly similar to 99% of the discussions I've had with xtians.

My dream is that one day all of this smashing my head against the "wall of faith" will produce at least one xtian who actually understands what I am saying.

Sadly the only time I can be on here is while at work, so hopefully things stay slow so I can look around some more and maybe participate a bit.
“It is morally as bad not to care whether a thing is true or not, so long as it makes you feel good, as it is not to care how you got your money as long as you have got it.” Edwin Way Teale
3point14rat

Postby zilch » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 am

We'd be pleased to have you here, three point.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby BaldySlaphead » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 am

Arrrr!

Welcome aboard shipmate! We hopes ye has no plans to be taking over our vessel and setting out to plunder?
BaldySlaphead

Postby 3point14rat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 pm

BaldySlaphead wrote:Arrrr!

Welcome aboard shipmate! We hopes ye has no plans to be taking over our vessel and setting out to plunder?

Ahhh... no. No plans to stage a mutiny now or in the future. I'm a landlocked pirate who isn't interested in losing sight of the shore or getting scallywags and picaroons to do my bidding. My name is simply a fun way of honouring the FSM.

Maybe I could join the Pirates of the North Saskatchewan (youtube.com/watch?v=8G_L9tXEwmc), but that's about it. (You gotta be Canadian to really get the song. I live in Alberta, so the North Saskatchewan is a river I'm familiar with.)

Being a shipmate of all the hearties here is all I want.
3point14rat

Postby BaldySlaphead » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Shame - we could do with a few more like you to keep the global warming down.
BaldySlaphead

Postby 3point14rat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:07 pm

BaldySlaphead wrote:Shame - we could do with a few more like you to keep the global warming down.

I've seen the graph. Until the temperature rises to a more comfortable level around here in the winter, I'll remain a Y*:YARR! in name only.

Now if people used the correct term, Climate Change, I might be more inclined to fight against it. But Global Warming sounds so nice I can't bring myself to reverse it.
3point14rat

Postby BaldySlaphead » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:26 pm

I believe that Global Warming is the phrase used in the Venganza literature, so your beef is with them. ;-)

BaldySlaphead

Next

Return to The Foyer