Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Chaplain Entrekin

Come in, be welcome, introduce yourselves...

Chaplain Entrekin

Postby Chaplain Entrekin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 am

Hello. Many of you may know me from over at Ray Comfort's blog. I have to admit that as a thinking Christian with a heart for skeptics and seekers, I have gotten frustrated with that site. I still check it from time to time, but not like I used to. I stumbled upon this site and was impressed with the level of discussion. I hope to be able to participate and engage with the other good folks here.

About me: Having worked first in Higher Education and then Mental/Behavioral Health Counseling, I felt called to the Army Chaplaincy after 9/11. In my job, I provide pastoral care to everyone, regardless of faith or religious preference. In fact, I often joke that I would not work well in a church setting because I get too frustrated with the hypocrisy of Christians. I much prefer to minister to the diverse men and women, regardless of personal beliefs, who serve in our military.

I am open to any questions people have about me, or my beliefs. I might use Scripture as explanation for what I believe, or why I believe it, but I will try not to use it as empirical proof or to beat anyone over the head. I prefer "share" evangelism over "scare" evangelism.

Grace and Peace

- Chaplain Entrekin
I find your lack of faith...disturbing. -Darth Vader
Chaplain Entrekin

Re: Chaplain Entrekin

Postby BathTub » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:27 am

Welcome to the forum!

Quick, delete the posts about Entrekin! :lol:
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Whateverman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:13 am

Hey Chaplain, a very warm welcome to you!

It does my heart good finding theists who are just as frustrated with Ray's blog as I am. Although this group is made up mostly of atheists, we've got a smattering of theists, deists and agnostics as well. We disagree with each other too - feel free to jump in or create your own threads or lurk or whatever.

Glad you found your way to our humble home
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:19 am

Hello, Chaplain.

You remind me of my wife's cousin, who is pastor of a chuch up here in PA. He tends to the needs of the people of his church and is a really cool kid. He has five kids of his own and both him and his wife are some of the nicest folks I've ever known.
Every year at the family reunion he tries to get me saved, but alas, we always end up hitting a few golfballs over the lake and sharing some yuks. He serves a real pupose rather than prancing around feeding his ego like Comfort, et al.

We tend to be a bit irreverent here, but as far as I can see, people of faith are well respected, and welcome. Far right fundamentalism is wide open to mocking and scorn. It's just the way it is. People that are sincere about their fellow humans are always respected.

If you are looking for converts, pickings are pretty slim in these parts. If you're looking to have some free wheeling conversations or want to try understanding the minds of non-theist, free thinkers, you are in the right place, although many of us tend to be as subtle as a hurricane I assure you that no harm has ever been intended.

Welcome,

Froggie
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Benjamin Franklin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 am

Greetings Jonathan

Welcome to the forum.

I found your posts at A/C to be sincere and cogent.
Benjamin Franklin

Postby BaldySlaphead » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 am

Welcome Chaplain - the beer cooler is on the right; feel free to grab one.
BaldySlaphead

Postby E-lad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:44 am

BaldySlaphead wrote:Welcome Chaplain - the beer cooler is on the right; feel free to grab one.

****passes joint****
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby BathTub » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 am

You know, I always thought it said 'captain'.
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:10 am

BathTub wrote:You know, I always thought it said 'captain'.

I know the feeling. When I was a kid and at church they said the Lord's Prayer, I always thought they were saying:\

Our Father a wort in heaven.........
E-lad

Postby Benjamin Franklin » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:41 pm

E-lad wrote:I know the feeling. When I was a kid and at church they said the Lord's Prayer, I always thought they were saying:\
Our Father a wort in heaven.........

I always liked the story about a grizzly named Gladley with ocular problems.

You know, Gladley the cross-eyed bear?

Smokey wept.
Benjamin Franklin

Next

Return to The Foyer