Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Greetings and Salutations!

Come in, be welcome, introduce yourselves...

Re: Greetings and Salutations!

Postby perdita » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:41 am

Welcome! I'm glad you found our humble abode.
perdita

Postby Quasar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:16 am

Welcome Lehman! If Froggie comes near you, just curl up into the fetal position. He loves it when you do that.
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby lehman scott » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:33 am

zilch wrote:Hey, welcome aboard, Lehman! Has Froggie told you about our strict bad joke policy (you need to produce at least one a week) yet?

Uh oh, i am in big trouble, then, zilch, cause i suck at jokes, either good or bad... i shall strive to do my best, though!
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

Pessimism of the Intellect; Optimism of the Will.
- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:34 am

Qu love the sig, is that new? Makes me think of this old SNL skit.

With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby Quasar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:09 am

lehman scott wrote:
zilch wrote:Hey, welcome aboard, Lehman! Has Froggie told you about our strict bad joke policy (you need to produce at least one a week) yet?

Uh oh, i am in big trouble, then, zilch, cause i suck at jokes, either good or bad... i shall strive to do my best, though!

Uh oh, that's a problem. The last time Whateverman failed to make his quota we hung him upside down from a tree and beat him repeatedly with heavy sticks.

On the bright side, we got candy out of it!

Qu love the sig, is that new?

Had it for a week or so, so not long. I was reading about the many usually mutually-exclusive definitions for geek v nerd (we can't even decide which one is more complementory and which one is more derogatory!) and decided to come up with my own. Took a while to work out how to word it clearly.
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby Vagon » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:46 am

Hey there Lehman, welcome to the boards! I liked your story, a bit of adversity, a pinch of sex and a little triumph always seem to go down well :D
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Postby lehman scott » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:11 am

E-lad wrote:Yo, Lehman. E-lad here, AKA Froggie at the swamp.

If anybody gives you any trouble, let me know and I'll do something about it.

I've not yet received the $399.00 registration fee into my PayPal account. Just sayin'.

And finally. What kind of beer do you like?

You shall receive my payment in your account when i receive my own from an estranged and banished Nigerian Princess with oodles of inheritance dollars in the bank that i just wired $2000 to to enable her to get them out, Froggie...

..and my preferred malt-based quaff is my own heavily-hopped home-brewed ginger beer!
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby lehman scott » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:14 am

Weemaryanne wrote:

Way to Make An Entrance!
(by Weemaryanne)

Lehman Scott, Lehman Scott,
At Atheist Central he made it hot!
Made 'em hoot 'n' holler
And almost swaller
Their piety, right on the spot!

Wowers... i cannot recall anyone ever penning an ode to me before, Weemaryanne... thanks!
- - Barack Obama

- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Postby zilch » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 am

lehman scott wrote:

I've not yet received the $399.00 registration fee into my PayPal account. Just sayin'.

You shall receive my payment in your account when i receive my own from an estranged and banished Nigerian Princess with oodles of inheritance dollars in the bank that i just wired $2000 to to enable her to get them out, Froggie...

..and my preferred malt-based quaff is my own heavily-hopped home-brewed ginger beer!

You'll have to get in line, bud: I've been waiting a couple of years for that Nigerian Princess to come through, and I'm about to lose my patience and send her a fairly nasty e-mail. But that ginger beer sounds great.

Btw- did you know that hops are good to eat too? Here in Vienna, they've just come in to season; we harvested some wild hops from the cemetery last week (just the growing tips of the new shoots) and cooked 'em up with some nettles and millet. Yum.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby lehman scott » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:58 am

zilch wrote:
lehman scott wrote:

You'll have to get in line, bud: I've been waiting a couple of years for that Nigerian Princess to come through, and I'm about to lose my patience and send her a fairly nasty e-mail. But that ginger beer sounds great.

Btw- did you know that hops are good to eat too? Here in Vienna, they've just come in to season; we harvested some wild hops from the cemetery last week (just the growing tips of the new shoots) and cooked 'em up with some nettles and millet. Yum.

omfg, does *that* sound like an incomparable combination! I have cooked up all three separately in the past, but never all three together... sounds delicious!
- - Barack Obama

- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

PreviousNext

Return to The Foyer