Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

SMRT Registration by Admin approval only

You'll find updates from the Moderators and Admins here as needs require.

SMRT Registration by Admin approval only

Postby Whateverman » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi Folks,

SMRT is beset with spammers. Mac and Vagon have tried a few technical approaches, and while they've been successful to a small extent, we're getting more than a dozen accounts created every day.

As such, new registrations are now approved by your overlords, er, Admins. We're deleting tons of spam accounts, and while I hope we don't accidentally trash a valid one, it may happen. If any of you knows of a person trying to gain access, give one of us a heads up.

Thanks y'all
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Re: SMRT Registration by Admin approval only

Postby vms » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:11 am

We have implemented CAPTCHA so Admin approval of new accounts is no longer necessary. What happens now is an e-mail is sent to the e-mail address you specify when registering. In the e-mail is a link that you have to click on to activate your new account.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: SMRT Registration by Admin approval only

Postby Vagon » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 am

Nice work mate
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Return to News, Rules, & Updates