Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

SMRT: The Next Step

You'll find updates from the Moderators and Admins here as needs require.

Re: SMRT: The Next Step

Postby rufustfirefly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:43 am

But... what will you do with the extra by the way? Not that I am worried, just curious...

Send it to Living Waters?
rufustfirefly

Postby BathTub » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:15 am

Azou wrote:As someone who only recently unconverted, this site has been very useful.

I'm a poor college student now, so I'll look at my budget and see if I can't toss in anything.

In all sincerity, don't put yourself out in any way. As I and some others have said we can dig a bit deeper if needed, more than happy to in fact, I don't want anyone guilted into contributing or going beyond what they are comfortable with.

As for extra, probably the same as last time, the extra sat there until the next time it was needed (now!) The only other thing I could think of was if we needed to purchase some software upgrade or something.
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby rufustfirefly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:22 am

Seriously, spend the extra on banning guests from the chat.
rufustfirefly

Postby BathTub » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:14 am

I agree with you tbh but this thread probably isn't the place for that discussion.
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby vms » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:43 am

I made a $25 donation. If we're going for the 3-year contract and we need more money I'll donate more.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Whateverman » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Balance as of 13-Oct: $238

This thread wasn't meant to embarrass people based on what others have donated. Regardless of whether you've posted it or not, thanks! And we still want people here regardless of whether they *can* contribute or not. No one needs to justify anything.

Once we get another ~$25, we'll have the money for a three year renewal. That plan is not yet set in stone, as we still have the ability to renew for a year and then save the rest of the money for a move to a newer/cheaper hosting service. The admins are going to briefly discuss the options

And we'll let you know what happens. Regardless, we've got the money to keep going for a few years more!

Thanks everyone
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News, Rules, & Updates