Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Cancer Treatment

One of the newest topics to claim vigorous debate amongst the misinformed is the reliability and safety of general modern medicine, vaccinations and antibiotics. Discuss here.

Cancer Treatment

Postby rufustfirefly » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:40 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090624/ap_on_re_us/us_forced_chemo_8

And they are still fucked up. Sometimes I hate my species.
rufustfirefly

Re: Cancer Treatment

Postby Benjamin Franklin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 am

Before the legislature adjourned for the year, the medical marijuana bill was passed by the full Senate and the full House for the first time. Despite unprecedented progress in the legislature, the sick and dying patients of Minnesota will have to wait for a compassionate medical marijuana law because Governor Tim Pawlenty (R) vetoed the very limited the bill that reached his desk.

Despite this unfortunate turn of events, the battle to protect Minnesota's sick and suffering patients is far from over. It is now clear that Governor Pawlenty is the only person in Minnesota that stands in the way of a medical marijuana law. Fortunately there is a way that Governor Pawlenty can be removed from the process - a constitutional amendment. MPP intends to build upon our momentum by pursuing a constitutional amendment that will appear on the November 2010 ballot.

Marijuana could possibly help Daniel with his nausea and lack of appetite from the chemo, but there are those who put their silly religiously based moral prejudices above helping the sick.
Benjamin Franklin

Postby Imtherabbit » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:18 am

Benjamin Franklin wrote:Before the legislature adjourned for the year, the medical marijuana bill was passed by the full Senate and the full House for the first time. Despite unprecedented progress in the legislature, the sick and dying patients of Minnesota will have to wait for a compassionate medical marijuana law because Governor Tim Pawlenty (R) vetoed the very limited the bill that reached his desk.

Despite this unfortunate turn of events, the battle to protect Minnesota's sick and suffering patients is far from over. It is now clear that Governor Pawlenty is the only person in Minnesota that stands in the way of a medical marijuana law. Fortunately there is a way that Governor Pawlenty can be removed from the process - a constitutional amendment. MPP intends to build upon our momentum by pursuing a constitutional amendment that will appear on the November 2010 ballot.

Marijuana could possibly help Daniel with his nausea and lack of appetite from the chemo, but there are those who put their silly religiously based moral prejudices above helping the sick.

I've never really felt that pot helped me with nausea... it just made me not care about being nauseous

My nephew who's in grade 9 was talking about how the kids will smoke pot outside the HS and how they don't seem to care... I told him to go ask for some for his poor father who's going through chemo... I'm such a shit disturber :D
You see, in order to remain sane, I have actually gone insane, it's a great defense mechanism.
Come enjoy the wisdom taught by the the Great Bunny
Looking for something more serious? Why not look with Love
Bunnies be wit ya...
Imtherabbit

Postby jarsulic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 am

I'm highly skeptical that marijuana is the best choice for fighting nausea when you're on chemo (especially a weak regimen like AVBD). There are a lot of drugs out there the doctors can try like Compazine, Zofran, and some steroids that can really help you get through treatments without any nausea at all.

Just a quick update on my cancer:

-- No sign of any cancer showed up on my last PET/CT scan, so I'm in remission
-- I checked into the hospital on Wednesday and began high-dose chemo to destroy my bone marrow and kill all white blood cells (4 more days to go)
-- The stem cell transplant is scheduled for Tuesday
-- After the transplant, I'll be stuck here for a month while the stem cells create new bone marrow which in turn will start making white blood cells
jarsulic

Postby E-lad » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:07 am

jarsulic wrote:I'm highly skeptical that marijuana is the best choice for fighting nausea when you're on chemo (especially a weak regimen like AVBD). There are a lot of drugs out there the doctors can try like Compazine, Zofran, and some steroids that can really help you get through treatments without any nausea at all.

Just a quick update on my cancer:

-- No sign of any cancer showed up on my last PET/CT scan, so I'm in remission
-- I checked into the hospital on Wednesday and began high-dose chemo to destroy my bone marrow and kill all white blood cells (4 more days to go)
-- The stem cell transplant is scheduled for Tuesday
-- After the transplant, I'll be stuck here for a month while the stem cells create new bone marrow which in turn will start making white blood cells

Mark,

I am so happy to hear from you! I have wondered about you frequently and am pleased to hear there is some good news.
I appreciate your taking time to update us here.
Your resolute determination and objectiveness is a great example for us all.

I am sure that you have many close friends and family that you are interfacing with but I appreciate you coming back to report your progress. All the best to you, Mark.

Dale

I have not forgotten that I owe you lunch at Premanti Bros!
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby ExPatMatt » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey MJ!

Sounds like good news (not the 'destroying bone marrow bit, the 'remission' bit!)

So you're getting a stem cell implanted, eh? You have to tell us more about that!

Great to hear from you man.
"In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces. " - Zapp Brannigan
ExPatMatt

Postby Benjamin Franklin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Mike-

Glad to hear the cancer is in remission.

How many stems have to give up their lives for those cells?

Gotta leaf now, time for another glass of vine.
Benjamin Franklin

Return to Antibodies, Antibiotics, and Vaccines; Oh my