Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

H1N1 / Swine Flu

One of the newest topics to claim vigorous debate amongst the misinformed is the reliability and safety of general modern medicine, vaccinations and antibiotics. Discuss here.

H1N1 / Swine Flu

Postby ExPatMatt » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Can anyone recommend a good site to get facts on H1N1 / Swine Flu; all I've been finding are blog articles, editorials and woo.

Ideally, I'd like something with some, you know, data.

I ask because there's a couple of vaccine-denialists in the office....I need ammo!

Cheers,
"In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces. " - Zapp Brannigan
ExPatMatt

Re: H1N1 / Swine Flu

Postby Tilia » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I don't know about Canada but the Swiss Health Institute and the Robert-Koch-Institut have some information in English.

Oh, and I just saw it: the RKI links to the US American site.

Edit: And the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut gives a report about vaccination in Sweden (in English), they have about 200 cases of side effects from 500,000 vaccinations.
Skäms inte för att du är människa, var stolt!
Inne i dig öppnar sig valv bakom valv oändligt
Du blir aldrig färdig, och det är som det skall. Tomas Tranströmer

Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his reason. Martin Luther
Tilia

Postby ExPatMatt » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks Tilia!
"In the game of chess you can never let your adversary see your pieces. " - Zapp Brannigan
ExPatMatt

Postby Hugo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:34 am

ExPatMatt wrote:Can anyone recommend a good site to get facts on H1N1 / Swine Flu; all I've been finding are blog articles, editorials and woo.

Ideally, I'd like something with some, you know, data.

I ask because there's a couple of vaccine-denialists in the office....I need ammo!

Cheers,

Hello, I don't know if you ever watch CBC in French, Radio-Canada? The weekly science show Découvertes is going to present a program next Sunday on the H1N1 virus; can't wait to see that, finally getting a good 40 minutes of information from a scientific point of view. I don't know if the CBC has an equivalent of this show, they would probably broadcast the same kind of program. Actually, Découvertes often use documentaries made by the BBC and translates so it might be the case for this week too...

(Oh wait, but I won't be here, thankfully I have a DVR; I'll watch it in a month ;) Going to New Zealand for 3 weeks! Yeah!! Vacations!!!)
Hugo

Postby Weemaryanne » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:13 am

Enjoy your vacation, Hugo, and bring us some photos from The Land That Was Smart Enough To Get Rid of Ray Comfort.
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby BathTub » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:32 am

What, since when did we let in shifty people from canadia?!
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby rufustfirefly » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:17 pm

The Land That Was Smart Enough To Get Rid of Ray Comfort.

If New Zealand was smart enough to get rid of Ray Comfort, what the hell does that say about the USA?
rufustfirefly

Postby zilch » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Weemaryanne wrote:Enjoy your vacation, Hugo, and bring us some photos from The Land That Was Smart Enough To Get Rid of Ray Comfort.

I'll second that, Hugo. I'd love to go to New Zealand someday. And thanks for the new kenning for New Zealand, WeeMaryAnne. That was the best laugh of the day.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Return to Antibodies, Antibiotics, and Vaccines; Oh my