Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Industrial Chemical or Autism Treatment?

One of the newest topics to claim vigorous debate amongst the misinformed is the reliability and safety of general modern medicine, vaccinations and antibiotics. Discuss here.

Re: Industrial Chemical or Autism Treatment?

Postby Quasar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 am

A search of medical journals unearthed no papers published about OSR#1, though the compound's industrial uses have been explored in publications such as the Journal of Hazardous Materials.

Federal law requires manufacturers to explain why a new dietary ingredient reasonably can be expected to be safe. The Food and Drug Administration told the Tribune that Haley had not submitted sufficient information.

In an interview, Haley said that the compound had been tested on rats and that a food safety study was conducted on 10 people. Asked to provide documentation of the studies, he stopped communicating with the Tribune.

The Web site also states that OSR#1 "scavenges" hydroxyl free radicals, "allowing the body to maintain its own natural detoxifying capacity."

But Vanderbilt's Roberts said that claim is absurd.

"Hydroxyl radicals are the most reactive radicals that are formed," he wrote to the Tribune. "They oxidize everything, so in essence all molecules are hydroxyl radical scavengers."

Step 1: Make snake-oil.
Step 2: Sell snake-oil.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!!!

(Edit) Win for skeptical journalism, though, although they could have been a bit more harsh on the anecdotal evidence (the only evidence they offered).
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby Vagon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:09 am

After 12 years, underpants gnomes are still relevant.
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Quasar wrote:
Step 1: Make snake-oil.
Step 2: Sell snake-oil.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!!!

No need for Step 3, it is covered in Step 2.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Return to Antibodies, Antibiotics, and Vaccines; Oh my