Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Jenny and Jim and Science, Oh My

One of the newest topics to claim vigorous debate amongst the misinformed is the reliability and safety of general modern medicine, vaccinations and antibiotics. Discuss here.

Jenny and Jim and Science, Oh My

Postby rufustfirefly » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:58 am

rufustfirefly

Re: Jenny and Jim and Science, Oh My

Postby IntellectualNinja » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:11 pm

*facepalm*

Americans make me sad sometimes.
Officially "A fundie of a different stripe."
IntellectualNinja

Postby Don » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey... Ms. Ninja... Have you or anyone else here read up on Temple Grandin or seen the HBO movie about her life, featuring an exceptional performance by Claire Danes?

You might want to check out http://www.templegrandin.com/.

Dr. Grandin was on All Things Considered the Friday before the HBO program aired and halfway through I was shouting "Temple Grandin for President, or better yet, empress of the world." She proves that autism can be a gift and autistic people can benefit society with their unique ability to think in pictures. I'd like to sit Jim who isn't so funny anymore and Jenny who never was down with Dr. Grandin so she could instill some sense into this ridiculous couple.
Don

Postby IntellectualNinja » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:43 am

Thanks. I also heard about a woman who was totally psychotic like 30% of the time (hearing voices, seeing things, etc...), and she got her PhD and wrote a few books.
IntellectualNinja

Postby Whateverman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:28 am

Don wrote:Hey... Ms. Ninja... Have you or anyone else here read up on Temple Grandin or seen the HBO movie about her life, featuring an exceptional performance by Claire Danes?

Neither. I've been listening to her NPR, mostly from several interviews on Fresh Air. She's a really interesting person; I liked her long before she became famous...
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby Don » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 am

Neither. I've been listening to her NPR, mostly from several interviews on Fresh Air. She's a really interesting person; I liked her long before she became famous...

Dang... I meant Fresh Air. I've been working too hard. The FA interviews were wonderful. I like the way she looks at things. She couldn't understand the fuss made over the Beatles or the way people hide their emotions.
Don

Postby Kenyon » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:02 pm

rufustfirefly wrote:I don't like using E Online as a source, but. . .

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b165972_jim_carrey_jenny_mccarthy_jump_back.html

yes it is a good web page i visit it and find many things thank you for post this link.
Kenyon

Postby IntellectualNinja » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Kenyon wrote:
rufustfirefly wrote:I don't like using E Online as a source, but. . .

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b165972_jim_carrey_jenny_mccarthy_jump_back.html

yes it is a good web page i visit it and find many things thank you for post this link.

Kenyon, you realize that vaccinations do not cause autism and what the people in the article are doing is not only reckless, but ineradicably dangerous? And even worse, if vaccines did cause autism in a small portion of the population as they claim, it would STILL be in the child's best interest to get vaccinated.
IntellectualNinja

Return to Antibodies, Antibiotics, and Vaccines; Oh my