Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Flu Vaccinations

One of the newest topics to claim vigorous debate amongst the misinformed is the reliability and safety of general modern medicine, vaccinations and antibiotics. Discuss here.

Re: Flu Vaccinations

Postby FrodoSaves » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Just wanted to say this all proved useful 18 months later - a belated thanks for the input guys!
Froggie already took the best signature.
FrodoSaves

Postby Whateverman » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Vagon wrote:My work pays for free flu vaccinations.

I never take them, based on my own notion that it actually makes the virus stronger.

Is this good science or should I start injecting?

I've had them a few times in years past. For me, the flu seemed to get really bad once I hit 40, so I started opting for the shot when I could get it. Whenever I had one, I'd get a bit sick as my system fought off the micro-infection I'd been given, but afterwards, the flu would affect me mildly at best.

I say they're effective. If you're going to be around very young children or people in their 70s+, you might want to consider getting one for their sake, not yours.
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby Salem » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 am

I almost always get the shot. Stupid asthma. *grumble grumble* Not going to rely on herd immunity. Too risky.
Salem

Postby Whateverman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 am

I'm getting mine tomorrow. We've got a three year old around the house; the flu can be hard on little kids :(
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Antibodies, Antibiotics, and Vaccines; Oh my