Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

2017 - Answering Questions

We'll try to place a copy of the content that Ray puts up on his site for discussion over here (With an appropriate link and attribution of course). If you think Ray will ban your comments, post 'em here for posterity.

Re: 2017 - Answering Questions

Postby zilch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm

“Why do Christian women still have period pains and childbirth pains if Jesus died for their sins?”

Christians will be under the Genesis curse right up until the time when God removes it from creation.

Hmmm.... I'm trying to imagine how this will happen. Will the God give women in labor an epidural, or perhaps deliver by Jesusarian section? Or will sex be forbidden? I can hardly wait....
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:01 pm

https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.C ... =3&theater
“A whale was found with atavistic hind limbs of over 4 feet long. This makes perfect sense according to an evolutionary framework. Please explain how it makes any sense according to creationism.”

Do an Internet search for "photos of extra limbs" and you will find lambs with eight legs, people with four legs, three arms, etc. They have nothing to do with evolution and neither does a whale, that has extra limbs.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Perhaps Ray hasn't noticed that normal lambs and people have legs, and normal whales do not. Supernumerary legs on lambs and people are duplications of their normal legs. Legs appearing on whales are duplications of- what?

Ray: willful ignorance or poor education? Probably some of both.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:01 pm

“The only thing you can say about all atheists is that they all lack belief in gods.”

There are many atheists around the world who don't embrace your carefully worded modern definition. They simply say "I believe that there is no God." Your cut-and-paste movement only started a few years ago. But you are still connected to the old “I believe” atheists.

If I have a car and say “I lack belief in makers,” it means I believe that cars have no makers—and my car therefore had no maker. It means that I believe that nothing made it. So, carefully worded though your modern definition may be, it still leaves you believing the scientifically impossible—that nothing made everything.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:11 pm

“Why is it that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but had no problem with Adam, Eve and their two sons basically procreating the world?”

Adam and Eve obviously had more children. Two men cannot procreate.

vms
Site Admin

Postby BeamStalk » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:36 am

Hmmmm then explain this, Ray:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691850/

The Darwinian paradox of male homosexuality in humans is examined, i.e. if male homosexuality has a genetic component and homosexuals reproduce less than heterosexuals, then why is this trait maintained in the population? In a sample of 98 homosexual and 100 heterosexual men and their relatives (a total of over 4600 individuals), we found that female maternal relatives of homosexuals have higher fecundity than female maternal relatives of heterosexuals and that this difference is not found in female paternal relatives. The study confirms previous reports, in particular that homosexuals have more maternal than paternal male homosexual relatives, that homosexual males are more often later-born than first-born and that they have more older brothers than older sisters. We discuss the findings and their implications for current research on male homosexuality.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:51 am

Beams- I'm not sure Ray is the right person to explain this....
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:02 pm

"Why is it that God gives AIDS to kids in Africa?"

As an atheist, God didn't give them AIDS because He doesn't exist. Always keep that in mind when you blame Him for things when you don’t believe He exists. If He did commit the crimes you accuse Him of, then He exists and you have to face him on Judgment Day.

vms
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm

Ray has long since broken my facepalm meter.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:01 pm

"Jesus asked Himself if this cup could pass him by. He didn’t listen to Himself."

When the Creator and Upholder of the Universe made a human body and filled that body as a hand fills a glove (Jesus was "the express image of the invisible God") He didn't cease to be the omnipotent Creator and Upholder of all things.

Jesus was fully Man and fully God, but in the incarnation He was limited to time, space, hunger, thirst, all so that He could suffer the pain of death , to save us from Eternal Justice.

vms
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Ray's Latest & Will He Ban it?