Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

War on Xmas Cups

Like The Padded Room, but SFW

War on Xmas Cups

Postby vms » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:23 pm

If only this was real and not a joke.
https://aboveaverage.com/too-far-dunkin ... he-finger/

Too Far: Dunkin Donuts Holiday Cup Is Richard Dawkins Giving The Finger

I consider myself a reasonable woman. Although I’m disappointed by Starbucks’ choice to eliminate Christmas from their holiday cup designs in recent years, I’m not the type to get up in arms about little things like that. But after Dunkin Donuts revealed their new holiday cups, I couldn’t stay silent any longer.

When I stopped into Dunkin Donuts yesterday, I was greeted by a terrible surprise when the cashier handed me my hot chocolate in their new holiday cup. There was no Christmas motif, no red and green, and not a seasonal snowflake to be found. It was just the Dunkin Donuts logo and a picture of notorious atheist Richard Dawkins giving me the finger. I asked to speak to the manager immediately.

“This is outrageous!” I yelled at her. “How could you make such a horrible cup?!”

“I don’t know, I don’t make the cup designs,” she replied sheepishly. “They were just trying to be inclusive I guess? I honestly don’t even know who that is.”

But I could not be silenced. I stood up on a table and spoke my piece to the several people waiting in line.

“I stood idly by when the media took Christ out of Christmas. I stayed silent when Starbucks took Christmas out of their cups. But I refuse to drink from a cup with an atheist flipping me off! This is the epitome of PC culture!”

The other customers didn’t react, but I know they were on my side. Anyway, I guess I’ll be making my coffee at home from now on.

Merry Christmas!
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: War on Xmas Cups

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:46 pm

They should put jesus on their cups, but have him look middle eastern. Like slap this depiction of what he probably looked like if he existed:

With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby vms » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 pm

si, I resized your pic. That pic is from the Popular Mechanics article about what Jesus would most likely have looked like based on forensics and what the buy-bull says. The buy-bull says when the guards went to arrest Jesus they couldn't tell him apart from the others so he would have been dark-skin Mediterranean. I've joked in the past that conservative xians would probably kick Jesus out of the US because they'd think he was an illegal immigrant.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:53 am

vms wrote:si, I resized your pic. That pic is from the Popular Mechanics article about what Jesus would most likely have looked like based on forensics and what the buy-bull says. The buy-bull says when the guards went to arrest Jesus they couldn't tell him apart from the others so he would have been dark-skin Mediterranean. I've joked in the past that conservative xians would probably kick Jesus out of the US because they'd think he was an illegal immigrant.

Donny T certainly would.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby BeamStalk » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:33 pm

vms wrote:si, I resized your pic. That pic is from the Popular Mechanics article about what Jesus would most likely have looked like based on forensics and what the buy-bull says. The buy-bull says when the guards went to arrest Jesus they couldn't tell him apart from the others so he would have been dark-skin Mediterranean. I've joked in the past that conservative xians would probably kick Jesus out of the US because they'd think he was an illegal immigrant.

He is a terrorist.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:26 am

BeamStalk wrote: He is a terrorist.

If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Return to Free Frawl