Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Smoking prevents Parkinson's??

Like The Padded Room, but SFW

Re: Smoking prevents Parkinson's??

Postby Skeptical Sorcerer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:33 am

I had a chemistry set too!!!! Now a days, at the "Toys R Us" (where I live at least) I heard there is a limit of how many chemistry sets you can buy at one time. But I don't know for sure if it's true.
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."-Isaac Asimov

"Would I rather have the truth or a lie that gives me hope? Then I'd rather have the truth"
-Louis Theroux
Skeptical Sorcerer

Postby BeamStalk » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 pm

Skeptical Sorcerer wrote:I had a chemistry set too!!!! Now a days, at the "Toys R Us" (where I live at least) I heard there is a limit of how many chemistry sets you can buy at one time. But I don't know for sure if it's true.

Crystal Meth, it is not just for kids anymore!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPnEvy4e70
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby Skeptical Sorcerer » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Crystal Meth, it is not just for kids anymore!

HAHAH! :lol: At first, I thought it was real!!
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."-Isaac Asimov

"Would I rather have the truth or a lie that gives me hope? Then I'd rather have the truth"
-Louis Theroux
Skeptical Sorcerer

Postby E-lad » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Skeptical Sorcerer wrote:I had a chemistry set too!!!! Now a days, at the "Toys R Us" (where I live at least) I heard there is a limit of how many chemistry sets you can buy at one time. But I don't know for sure if it's true.

You could make a freakin bomb out of those old chemistry sets. Today's models are quite innocuous, at best.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Milo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:02 pm

E-lad wrote:
StewartP wrote:Remember when we were kids we used to play with mercury? Roll it around in your jand, squidge it till it breaks into little balls and then push them back together again. Mercury's surface tension feels really weird.

You just reminded me! My uncle Donald bought me a "Chemistry Set" when I was about 7 years old and I played with that mercury for a couple years til it slipped away little by little. I had almost forgotten!

Ah, those were the good old days. If a thermometer broke, you had hours of play with the mercury!
Stop doubting and beleive Milo. Then everything will make sense.
Milo

Previous

Return to Free Frawl