Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Idiotic Bullshit

A place for members to help other members with questions about how to navigate the forums, how to post, ect. Feel free to make suggestions here as well.

Yes, we can all read the FAQ, but sometimes the question either isn't covered or it just makes more sense coming from a fellow member.

Idiotic Bullshit

Postby E-lad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Whoever is in charge of the idiotic, CARM-like smilie characters, and who has added them, get them the fuck out of here NOW>

They are stupid, sophomoric representaions and there is absolutely no room for them in this venue.

This is a collection of serious people, most of us with personal innate senses of humor. This bullshit is beyond fucking crapiness. Get rid of it now.

This is stuff that you see on fundie sites and teenage sites. It is in no way appropriate to the message we are putting out.

That is the type of crap that is used by people that cannot express themselves in a reasonable manner and we have never needed it before. We are not trying to attract illiterates here, unless I have been misinformed.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: Idiotic Bullshit

Postby E-lad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Do we have some teen aged kids running this place these days? I have to ponder.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby IntellectualNinja » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:22 am

"Idiotic?" "Stupid?" Are these words really necessary?

Also, why don't you like my smilies?
End sarcasm. Take these off the board.

EDIT: Removed offensive emoticons from post.
Last edited by IntellectualNinja on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Officially "A fundie of a different stripe."
IntellectualNinja

Postby E-lad » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 am

IntellectualNinja wrote:"Idiotic?" "Stupid?" Are these words really necessary?

Also, why don't you like my smilies? :bananaboink: :rayshobby:

"Your"smilies? Yeah, I signed in here yesterday and thought I was on CARM. They are idiotic and stupid, just like I said, because one would have to be idiotic or stupid to employ their use.

I won't be back until they are gone. It's like going into the supreme court and seeing smilie faces drawn on the Consitution. They are pollution and nothing more.
E-lad

Postby IntellectualNinja » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Froggie, I care about you, and I take your feelings seriously. However, it might be important to remember that these are message board smilies you're upset with. Are smilies you dislike good justification for using ableist language and threatening to leave permanently? I'm sure this can be worked out amicably. No need to fret. Y*;)
IntellectualNinja

Postby E-lad » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 am

IntellectualNinja wrote:Froggie, I care about you, and I take your feelings seriously. However, it might be important to remember that these are message board smilies you're upset with. Are smilies you dislike good justification for using ableist language and threatening to leave permanently? I'm sure this can be worked out amicably. No need to fret. Y*;)

As the resident HAB (hoary ancient bastard) and curmudeonly conservative contrarian it seems that I now threaten to quit once a month or so. Obviously, if I continue to follow that trend my threats will soon ring hollow. I do thank you for offering a sane and amicable settlement whatever you propose that might be.

And, by the way, it is not only, the smilies I am displeased with, although, because I don't like them does not mean that they shouldn't be here. I will explain this in the post that will follow on this very forum.

So, you can fully expect the :shitfan:
E-lad

Postby IntellectualNinja » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 am

I look forward to reading what you have to say.
IntellectualNinja

Return to Navigation/Forum Help & Suggestions