Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Probelms

A place for members to help other members with questions about how to navigate the forums, how to post, ect. Feel free to make suggestions here as well.

Yes, we can all read the FAQ, but sometimes the question either isn't covered or it just makes more sense coming from a fellow member.

Re: Probelms

Postby vms » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:59 am

KG6MSO,

OK, sounds like it's going to be a process of elimination type of thing. I've made a change on the board that may help. Let us know if you're still getting logged out.

vms
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby vms » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:52 am

KG6, I saw on chat that you're getting logged off again. Only thing I can think of is disabling a security setting to see if that helps.

Session IP validation:
Determines how much of the users IP is used to validate a session; All compares the complete address, A.B.C the first x.x.x, A.B the first x.x, None disables checking. On IPv6 addresses A.B.C compares the first 4 blocks and A.B the first 3 blocks.

Currently it's set to A.B which checks the 1st two no.s of your IP address A.B.x.x. Could try to disable this feature by setting it to None but I want to see what the other admin's say about it.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Vagon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:13 am

I'd prefer to keep it, I often ban by IP.
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Postby vms » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:41 am

I was under the impression that feature determined whether the person should remain on. If the IP changed during a session then they’re logged off. I don’t see how it relates to banning IPs. I had changed it from A.B.C to A.B awhile back and it didn’t seem to hurt banning IPs. But then again I get confused about things.

vms
Site Admin

Postby Vagon » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 am

Okay I misread that sorry. you're right.
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Navigation/Forum Help & Suggestions