Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Guests

A place for members to help other members with questions about how to navigate the forums, how to post, ect. Feel free to make suggestions here as well.

Yes, we can all read the FAQ, but sometimes the question either isn't covered or it just makes more sense coming from a fellow member.

Re: Guests

Postby vms » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 pm

I'll just offer this up as a possible (temporary) solution. Give longtime members privilege to delete chat posts. Usually there's a longtime member on chat and we can police chat. I've just been deleting all chat posts by this annoying guest and he stopped. I think longtime members can be trusted with this privilege. You'd get some other privileges which I think we can trusted you wouldn't use/abuse.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby BathTub » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:44 pm

I guess that could be fun, an unfortunately huge potential for abuse though.
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby vms » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:15 pm

They abuse the privilege they lose it. I've been doing some research and I may be able to limit it to just deleting chat posts. It's all handled by groups. I've created a 'Delete chat posts' group and I'm working on it to see if it'll work.

Also, I'm not saying all long term members, only a select few.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby rufustfirefly » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Let me know when you get serious. That is, killing him.
rufustfirefly

Postby vms » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 am

OK, I got the 'Delete chat posts' group to work so we can allow other members to just delete chat posts.

vms
Site Admin

Postby rufustfirefly » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 am

I applied. I hope you don't need a credit card or my SS number.
rufustfirefly

Postby AD6LR » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:17 am

I like the Ajax idea better, but I am willing to delete posts of this ass clown too.

I just don't feel like chatting with this rage filled little troll around. And *IF* this little troll does let loose that rage into the real world, I think the last thing we want to have found on his computer is a link to us.....
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver....
AD6LR
Site Admin

Postby zilch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah- even if our guest has a hard life and a good excuse for being an asshole, we can't be his mama and therapist. Some people just gotta live, and troll, without us. Didn't someone once say, "if thine asshole offend thee, pluck it out"?
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby agrammatos » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:57 pm

zilch wrote:Yeah- even if our guest has a hard life and a good excuse for being an asshole, we can't be his mama and therapist. Some people just gotta live, and troll, without us. Didn't someone once say, "if thine asshole offend thee, pluck it out"?

Z, just found this Thread. Explanation of no mChat understood. Ignore my previous query to you elsewhere.
soli Deo gloria
agrammatos

Postby zilch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:06 pm

agrammatos wrote:
zilch wrote:Yeah- even if our guest has a hard life and a good excuse for being an asshole, we can't be his mama and therapist. Some people just gotta live, and troll, without us. Didn't someone once say, "if thine asshole offend thee, pluck it out"?

Z, just found this Thread. Explanation of no mChat understood. Ignore my previous query to you elsewhere.

Hey, aggie- no need, I'm up on it. But thanks for the tying up of loose ends.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

PreviousNext

Return to Navigation/Forum Help & Suggestions