Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Deepak Chopra Is a Scumbag Piece of Shit

A place to discuss The Secret, What The Bleep Do You Know, ghost hunters, Scientology, speaking in tongues, pseudoscience and other general quackaloonery.

Re: Deepak Chopra Is a Scumbag Piece of Shit

Postby zilch » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:19 pm

We knew all along that he was full of woo, but this is reprehensible.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby E-lad » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:51 am

Coincidentally, about a week ago I was channel surfing on the TV and happened upon Chopra giving a talk to a small audience on a Public TV station. I hadn't listened to anything from him in a long time (on purpose) so I laid down the remote to give a listen. It was bad. I mean, for christ sakes I could not detect hardly a discernible sentence or idea in the ten minutes I watched him. After every sentence I'm like 'what the actual fuck is he talking about?'

Anyway, the part that relly got me was watching the people in the audience nodding their heads in the affirmative like a bunch of bobble head dolls on the dashboard of someone's car; looking at each other with that look- like they understood and agreed with every word he uttered. It was so fucking preposterous I ended up pissed off and almost kicked the dog but I decided not to because she is smarter than anyone on that TV show. Gawd it was absolutely absurd and horrid flabblegab.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby BeamStalk » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:19 pm

They nod their heads along because they don't know what he is saying because he is just tossing a bunch of different word salads around. Now because they don't know, they don't want to look stupid so they agree and act like they know. But to them Chopra must be saying something important because he is using big words that they have heard a few before being used by scientists.

It just reminds of a time I started to question Christianity. I was in high school at one of these large fundie youth gatherings, in Tennessee I believe, and this preacher was basically telling everyone that they were never responsible for their actions that all you could do was either let Jesus control you or the Devil, and I am thinking that it was utter nonsense and looked around the room at all the people nodding their heads in agreement.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby E-lad » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:20 pm

What makes this funny to me is that when I would have a business planning meetings with my teams back in the day I would tell them that anyone who nodded in agreement with everything I said would be fired the moment the meeting concluded.......hehe
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Return to Cheese & Quackers