Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Who's a limey?

A place to discuss The Secret, What The Bleep Do You Know, ghost hunters, Scientology, speaking in tongues, pseudoscience and other general quackaloonery.

Who's a limey?

Postby zilch » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:31 am

Here you go.

You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Re: Who's a limey?

Postby Jessica » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Recently, the people of the Falkland Islands, in a free, and fair vote, chose overwhelmingly to stay as a member of the British Overseas Territory.
Every time there has been a vote, Australia, the nation everyone expects to break off, has chosen, again by the people's vote, to stay as a member of the Commonwealth.
The bit about Scotland, Northern Island, and Wales having governments that can vote on English matters, when we can't vote on theirs, is a fact.
We aren't such a bad little island, are we now?

The name Limey comes from the Yanks observing the British navy using limes for the sailors to eat in a way of combating scurvy, which was a killer when you were out to sea with no land and only biscuits with weevils and no vitamin C in the form fresh meat and vegetables to eat.

One more thing : I've been a member of SMRT for five years, and this is the first time I've actually noticed Cheese and Quackers.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Re: Who's a limey?

Postby E-lad » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:49 am

Concerning all those territories, commomwealths, and miasma of what ever GB actually is, I have little need to try to tease apart other than my cursory knowledge. But that's OK and it all makes sense. You've had two thousand years to fall into the present state of complexities...we've only had two hundred years, but give us time.......
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Return to Cheese & Quackers