Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Tyrannosaurs in NYC

A place to discuss The Secret, What The Bleep Do You Know, ghost hunters, Scientology, speaking in tongues, pseudoscience and other general quackaloonery.

Tyrannosaurs in NYC

Postby zilch » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:36 pm

My son Adam just turned me on to this great series of answers to questions by xkcd, "what if?"
An example: how many humans a day would a T-Rex released in New York City require to stay alive? Check it out.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Re: Tyrannosaurs in NYC

Postby Jessica » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:37 pm

One ten year old child a day.
I too always imagined the Tyrannosaurs being massive, a lot bigger than the elephant. This comes from watching pre-historical revisionist thing like Jurassic Park and not reading science!
Interesting stuff, well written for an uneducated layperson with a good few delightfully surreal jokes in there. (I'm moving out of Brooklyn, the rent is so high and everyone keeps being eaten by Tyrannosaurs).
Thank you, zilch.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Return to Cheese & Quackers