Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

A place to discuss The Secret, What The Bleep Do You Know, ghost hunters, Scientology, speaking in tongues, pseudoscience and other general quackaloonery.

A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

Postby E-lad » Thu May 20, 2010 4:42 pm

I consider it a privilege and a high honor to award the first ever "Terry Burton Trophy, (TM)"

The "Terry Burton Trophy" Selection Committee has purchased a whole case of TBT trophies, so feel free to make awards where appropriate.

This prestigious award shall be presented to little amoral turd monkeys who write thousands of words without ever making a salient point and are wont to use circular reasoning and continuously relate vague and random circumlocutions. They will have been noted to be churlish, lazy bastards who have no clue as to the material that they are writing about.

And now the moment you have all been waiting for, and this is an especially auspicious occasion since we have dual winners! Yes, two people in the same week who have sucked up copious bandwidth without actually saying anything at all.

Aaaaannnnd, the winners are: Stormbringer and Carl!

*****Thunderous applause*****

Please be seated! Yes, these two have demonstrated that they have definite issues and have distinguished themselves as slaves to superstitious dogma who writhe and rail as they see their idiotic beliefs going up in the smoke of reason.

There will be a reception line at the rear of the hall and a keg in the back of my truck in the parking lot.

Thanks to all of you realists, skeptics and freethinkers for all the great work you do and special thanks to the winners of this TBT award for providing us with an never ending source of amusement and hilarity!

PS
Either of these two ignorant fucksticks are welcome to accept their trophy here, in person.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

Postby Whateverman » Thu May 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Such an auspicious occasion: two winners of the first annual award. I'll bet Terry would be equally proud of them both.

Incidentally, is Mr. Burton going to be present for the ceremony? If he balks, just mention that pants are optional...
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby Weemaryanne » Thu May 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Annual award? Couldn't we make it a monthly thing, like PZ Myers' Order of the Molly?
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Postby E-lad » Thu May 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Weemaryanne wrote:Annual award? Couldn't we make it a monthly thing, like PZ Myers' Order of the Molly?

I have a whole case of trophies. Award them as frequently as the asshats earn them.
I've listed the critera above. Be judicious. ;)
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby BaldySlaphead » Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Where's the Terry in his undies pic? I feel like creating a trophy for you to award, Froggie...
BaldySlaphead

Postby E-lad » Thu May 20, 2010 10:05 pm

BaldySlaphead wrote:Where's the Terry in his undies pic? I feel like creating a trophy for you to award, Froggie...

Hey! Maybe Blobfish would draw a caricature of Terry in his underpants to use as the award?
E-lad

Postby Whateverman » Thu May 20, 2010 10:20 pm

OMGTerry12jpg.jpg
OMGTerry12jpg.jpg (22.91 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

OMGTerry4.jpg
OMGTerry4.jpg (27.55 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby E-lad » Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 pm

ZOMFG! Wem!

Thanks.

I love the "Rock and Roll" pic!

That very well might become the authorized trophy unless someone comes up with something we think is better!

(It must be good if it creeps me out.)
E-lad

Postby rufustfirefly » Thu May 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Man, I wish we could post those photos at Atheist Central. I think I would actually pay for that to happen.
rufustfirefly

Postby Whateverman » Thu May 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Topic changed to a Sticky, Frogster :)
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Next

Return to Cheese & Quackers