Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

A place to discuss The Secret, What The Bleep Do You Know, ghost hunters, Scientology, speaking in tongues, pseudoscience and other general quackaloonery.

Re: A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

Postby E-lad » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Githyanky wrote:You guys are fuckin' funny! I'm glad I can write "fuck" here. Thank you!

Hey! Welcome to the Forums! If you have the time or inclination, we like to ask that you post a short introduction in the "Foyer" forum. Get acquainted, like. Hope to see you again.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Githyanky » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:16 pm

I mean to. Really. I love what you guy and gals do here. I'd quickly like to say I'm not an infiltator. And I'm not sure I can keep up with the very Sharp wit. Thanks again for the humor on a subject that at times can be so depressing. This is a beacon of light in a dark, ignorant world.
Githyanky

Postby Whateverman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Thanks 'yanki!

There's no standard of either wit, intellect or good looks required to post here. Say something if it's on your mind - but don't feel like you have to, either.

Froggie's right, though; the one "requirement" we have is that people introduce themselves a bit in the The Foyer. Just post a little something and tell us about yourself. Make it short or long - we just wanna know about the people who've found this humble joint :)
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby Quasar » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

There's no standard of either wit, intellect or good looks required to post here.

Though as Froggie get's older we're starting to reconsider that last one.
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby E-lad » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 am

Quasar wrote:
There's no standard of either wit, intellect or good looks required to post here.

Though as Froggie get's older we're starting to reconsider that last one.

If I ever get to Australia you are gonna be sooooo sorry............whippersnapper.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Quasar » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:56 am

E-lad wrote:If I ever get to Australia you are gonna be sooooo sorry............whippersnapper.

Bring it on, you curmudgeonly cur!

Nah, just kidding, you're alright froggie. :D

But that doesn't mean you can take the paper bag off your head.
"You don't become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard you become great in the process."
- Zombie Marie Curie
Quasar

Postby Whateverman » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

/popcorn

/munch
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby BaldySlaphead » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 pm

I'd like to nominate AnswersNOW for the next award. In just a few days he's made Str8jacket look well balanced, and Apetheist seem amusing.
BaldySlaphead

Postby E-lad » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm

BaldySlaphead wrote:I'd like to nominate AnswersNOW for the next award. In just a few days he's made Str8jacket look well balanced, and Apetheist seem amusing.

Hey Baldy! Since some of the TBT committee members are not presently reading the swamp on a regular basis, it could be useful, and entertaining, if you'd post a couple of AnswersNOW's more egregious comments here for evaluation, if you have some time to do so. Just a suggestion.
E-lad

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:35 am

BaldySlaphead wrote:I'd like to nominate AnswersNOW for the next award. In just a few days he's made Str8jacket look well balanced, and Apetheist seem amusing.

This award will be essentially meaningless if answersnow doesn't get one. I'm almost tempted to throw one at david dinwiddie as well for being blown away by his bible proofs. Guilty by association.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

PreviousNext

Return to Cheese & Quackers