Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

A place to discuss The Secret, What The Bleep Do You Know, ghost hunters, Scientology, speaking in tongues, pseudoscience and other general quackaloonery.

Re: A New Institution- The Terry Burton Trophy

Postby E-lad » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:08 am

I can assure you that AnswersNow has been nominated and the venrable TBT committee members have been summoned and are on the way to the TBT/ Smrt offices to deliberate over the awarding of the coveted trophy. We do not take these matter lightly and nothing less than a vetting by the entire committee will suffice.

Members have been summoned-
coming from near and far-
some are traveling by automobile-
and other are traveling by car.

I expect white smoke within 24 hours.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby E-lad » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 pm

Friends of Reason,

After careful consideration, a couple cases of beer, and a bottle of 15 year old single malt scotch, the Terry Burton Trophy Committee has unanimously recommended awarding the coveted trophy to: "AnswersNOW."

I am honored to make this presentation to AnswesNow on this beautiful day of 7 july, 2011. It was previously determined by "The Committee" that the TBT would be awarded occasionally, as need be, and as required, to elevate deserving persons to their rightful position in the annals of bat shit crazy internet fundumbentalists.

Forthwith:
"This prestigious award shall be presented to little amoral turd monkeys who write thousands of words without ever making a salient point and are wont to use circular reasoning and continuously relate vague and random circumlocutions. They will have been noted to be churlish, lazy bastards who have no clue as to the nature of the material that they are writing about."

As it has been duly noted to "The Award Committee," and after extensive considerations, it has been determined that AnswersNOW has fullfilled the requirements of the award and it is hereby awarded to him in absentia.

Hip hip!

Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby Tilia » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 pm

I sure worked hard for it.
Skäms inte för att du är människa, var stolt!
Inne i dig öppnar sig valv bakom valv oändligt
Du blir aldrig färdig, och det är som det skall. Tomas Tranströmer

Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his reason. Martin Luther
Tilia

Postby BathTub » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 pm

E-lad wrote:Friends of Reason,

After careful consideration, a couple cases of beer, and a bottle of 15 year old single malt scotch, the Terry Burton Trophy Committee has unanimously recommended awarding the coveted trophy to: "AnswersNOW."

I am honored to make this presentation to AnswesNow on this beautiful day of 7 july, 2011. It was previously determined by "The Committee" that the TBT would be awarded occasionally, as need be, and as required, to elevate deserving persons to their rightful position in the annals of bat shit crazy internet fundumbentalists.

Forthwith:
"This prestigious award shall be presented to little amoral turd monkeys who write thousands of words without ever making a salient point and are wont to use circular reasoning and continuously relate vague and random circumlocutions. They will have been noted to be churlish, lazy bastards who have no clue as to the nature of the material that they are writing about."

As it has been duly noted to "The Award Committee," and after extensive considerations, it has been determined that AnswersNOW has fullfilled the requirements of the award and it is hereby awarded to him in absentia.

Hip hip!

Post that over at the swamp!
BathTub
Site Admin

Postby Githyanky » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Does JohnMD qualify for this less than prestigious award? Man that guy is annoying!
Githyanky

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:20 pm

I believe you mean Luke MD...yah he's a loony toon.
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby Githyanky » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:04 am

Yeah...him. I may not be the best person to nominate people as I only dip my toe in the septic swamp. It takes days for me to wash the smell off. But what I read of him today was goofy.
Githyanky

Postby Whateverman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:22 pm

He's a coward
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby Ryk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:45 am

Congratulations Annie No, you earned it.
I like a little rebellion now and then.
Thomas Jefferson
Dead Ryks Underground
Ryk

Postby BathTub » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:34 am

Rufus, seems Terry has forgot about his legacy. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... hoto_reply
BathTub
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Cheese & Quackers