Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

A Bible Commentary From A First-Born

A place to show the creative side of SMRT. Post your poetry, photography and creative works here.

A Bible Commentary From A First-Born

Postby Jessica » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:06 am

An idea for a book length commentary on the Bible about how first-borns are treated.

First-borns In The Bible
AKA
The Prodigal Son's Brother

It doesn't have to be anti-Christian, it can be handled quite respectfully, just a question, what exactly is Biblegod's problem with the first-borns?
All right, He doesn't think women should be allowed any say and thinks gays and heathens should be killed, but it's the first-borns that He has the strongest prejudice against.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Re: A Bible Commentary From A First-Born

Postby zilch » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:04 am

Well, that might go along with the old idea, which apparently has some foundation in reality, that parents tend to be more strict with their first children.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Re: A Bible Commentary From A First-Born

Postby E-lad » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:15 pm

zilch wrote:Well, that might go along with the old idea, which apparently has some foundation in reality, that parents tend to be more strict with their first children.

As a first borned one, I can attest to this. My sisters got away with murder compared to me.

I did a sneaky trick though. I started school one year young so I went to college at 17. After the first semester I had got a job down there for the summer so I just stayed, never to return home except for a couple nights here and there.
I was never mistreated by my parents, but I just had to get out on my own.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Return to SMRTist's Studio