Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Anorexia style website?? Yep.

Deserve a mention, but not quite ol' favourites.

Anorexia style website?? Yep.

Postby the_ignored » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:46 am

The set-up:

The Fundies Say the Darndest Things site is an excellent site for checking out what various lunatics of various persuasions say. Religious fundies, conspiracy twits, and inbred racist fuckwits.

They have their own entry on the TV tropes site. Even in the "Nightmare fuel" division.

Well. They've found out about sites the advocate the anorexia lifestyle, and even tips on how to hide it from family and friends.

It's good to know that these sites are out there, but fuck!!

Even these people are horrified. That fucking says something! Warning: Link contains Nightmare fuel! The "pro-ANA" people have a mascot! Do not scroll up to see the image unless you want psychological scarring.

There is at least one bright spot however...
On the bright side, I just learned that if you search Pro-ana on Tumblr you get redirected to a page of links to help websites.
On the even darker side, I just learned that the movement has a Predator Problem. http://raininmyskull.tumblr.com/post/12 ... nd-buddies
the_ignored

Re: Anorexia style website?? Yep.

Postby zilch » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:17 am

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that this website was inevitable. Having lost a dear friend to anorexia, one of the best musicians I've ever known, I'm not too sympathetic.

Obviously, anorexics, like the clinically obese, should not be stigmatized. Just as obviously, for the sake of their lives and happiness, they should be encouraged to move towards health.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Re: Anorexia style website?? Yep.

Postby creativerealms » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:54 pm

The pro anorexia posts are some of the scariest things I have seen on Fstdt, and given the site has MRAs aplenty, rape apologists, pedophile apologists, David J Stewart and Anna Deil that this is the scariest thing on the site is saying something. That pro-ana mascot is like out of a horror film.
"If bluray came from CDs ... why are there still CDs."
creativerealms

Return to General non-thinkery