Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

More Fox News

Deserve a mention, but not quite ol' favourites.

More Fox News

Postby E-lad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 am

This morning they are parading young women wearing different types of leggings in front of three men so they can rate the modesty of their outfits. what in the actual fuck is the matter with these people?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: More Fox News

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:44 am

E-lad wrote:This morning they are parading young women wearing different types of leggings in front of three men so they can rate the modesty of their outfits. what in the actual fuck is the matter with these people?

I'm a bit nonplussed. How does one objectively rate the modesty of leggings? What's the criteria?
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby E-lad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:47 am

Chris wrote:
E-lad wrote:This morning they are parading young women wearing different types of leggings in front of three men so they can rate the modesty of their outfits. what in the actual fuck is the matter with these people?

I'm a bit nonplussed. How does one objectively rate the modesty of leggings? What's the criteria?

There were no objective standards.
It was a blatant exercise in fundamentalist male authoritarian suppression of women. And that is all it was.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby ajbjasus » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 pm

I hardly dare ask but the implication is that the more "modest" leggings are better ? Since a legging is a skintight garment I too am struggling to visual the immodest ones - perhaps with designer "rips" in them ?

When I hear about this stuff I can only conclude that these men are scared of attractive women, and the fact this attraction gives them some perceived "power" over males. Is that it ?
ajbjasus

Postby E-lad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:19 pm

ajbjasus wrote:I hardly dare ask but the implication is that the more "modest" leggings are better ? Since a legging is a skintight garment I too am struggling to visual the immodest ones - perhaps with designer "rips" in them ?

Some of them were possibly slightly tighter or looser that the others, but definitely no rips or skin.

When I hear about this stuff I can only conclude that these men are scared of attractive women, and the fact this attraction gives them some perceived "power" over males. Is that it ?

Possibly...and those men then have to do something to regain their perceived 'Power' over those women/ girls who would surely become harlots without them.
E-lad

Return to General non-thinkery