Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Digital Native at Work

We all need to smile now and then, and things we find online can bring some joy. Post the things that you find here so we can all join in your smiles.

Digital Native at Work

Postby E-lad » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:44 pm

My grandson, who is 14 months old now has his own iPad, and he knows how to use it.
If this video clip you can see him scrolling through some video thumbnails. He picks one out and opens it but inadvertently pops up a menu at the bottom of the screen at 20 seconds. He uses his left hand to swipe it off. :lol:
Of course he's chilling in his 1/4 scale recliner chair to boot!
(you can see my dog's nose come into view for a couple seconds)

This is hilarious to me, at the same time as it is a harbinger of times to come.

Check it out!
Last edited by E-lad on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: Digital Native at Work

Postby zilch » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 pm

He's already more digital than I am. :lol:
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby E-lad » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:07 am

zilch wrote:He's already more digital than I am. :lol:

I doubt that, but if he keeps going he will be. The interesting part is that none of us actually "taught" him how to do this. He picked it up by watching his Dad pick out stuff for him to watch. The next thing you know he would grab the iPad and start swiping and scrolling and tapping away- trial and error style!! He also knows how to use the TV remote turn to his favorite station which is the "Sprout" channel and his favorite TV personality is Emily on the Sprout channel. He gets all excited when she comes on. and remember, this is a kid that doesn't even talk yet, although he understands many words.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Postby zilch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:31 am

I understand more about how computers work than either of my kids, but for speed of use there's no comparison.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Weemaryanne » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:06 pm

I'll be damned. Well, most likely not, but this is marvelous, in the original sense of the word. :o
Of course truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. (Mark Twain)
I try to be cynical, but I just can't keep up. (Lily Tomlin)
Weemaryanne

Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, aka The Wrong End of Canada

Return to The Happyness