Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Happy internet shopping accidents

We all need to smile now and then, and things we find online can bring some joy. Post the things that you find here so we can all join in your smiles.

Happy internet shopping accidents

Postby shadowmouse » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:28 pm

What internet shopping accidents have you had that were in your favor?

I ordered a couple copies of a scarce lyric book that was listed online. After purchasing them, I received the invoices from the sellers confirming the sales. A few days later, one vendor emailed that the book in stock was in poor condition and was not going to be shipped and the payment would be refunded(which it was). I received the book from the other vendor that was in fine shape and even had a dedication signed by a founding member of the band - a cool and unexpected bonus. A few days later, second package arrived with another copy of the same book, in very fine condition. No signatures in this one.

Another time I ordered a used cd online that turned out to be autographed by two members of the band, a bit bittersweet as one of the members had passed away a few months earlier.

Also got a copy of a Harlan Ellison paperback in a book bundle that was autographed.
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Re: Happy internet shopping accidents

Postby Chris » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:08 pm

You've had a fair amount of good fortune. Only bought a few things online myself and those arrived as expected and in good condition. No stroke of either good or bad fortune yet.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Re: Happy internet shopping accidents

Postby shadowmouse » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:47 am

I've had fairly good luck ordering books from betterworldbooks.com - inexpensive prices, lots of sales, and usually in great shape (no extra shipping charges!).

For hard-to-find books and music, bookfinder.com is killer for bringing up available vendors and sorting prices.

Secondspin.com used to be inexpensive, but not so much for rare/collectable items anymore. Redeye Records out of Sydney sometimes has bargains with used media that's hard to find/expensive here in the States.
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Return to The Happyness