Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Anyone w/ Experience w/ SSD drives?

We have some very knowledgeable geeks in our midst, maybe we can work together to answer each other's questions

Re: Anyone w/ Experience w/ SSD drives?

Postby vms » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:20 pm

E-lad wrote:I asked him about that and he said they are great for the speed, but that after a certain amount of time they needed to be updated (or something) and there is a way to monitor their performance, etc.

Froggie, can you ask your son what SSD software he's using. I'll have Windows 10 Pro on my new desktop.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: Anyone w/ Experience w/ SSD drives?

Postby E-lad » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:20 pm

vms wrote:
E-lad wrote:I asked him about that and he said they are great for the speed, but that after a certain amount of time they needed to be updated (or something) and there is a way to monitor their performance, etc.

Froggie, can you ask your son what SSD software he's using. I'll have Windows 10 Pro on my new desktop.

Hey vms, I'm sitting here with my son now and, as sometimes happens, I got my wires crossed. it is not hiss ssd stuff he monitors, it is some vitals on his core temps, speeds and something about the monster graphics cards he uses...he says they are not actually necessary but just for his techie fun at watching such stuff. He says you will be really happy with the ssds and there is no special care they need.
Sorry for the cornfusion.
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Previous

Return to It's All Geek To Me