Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

IntenseDebate w/ login via Facebook

We have some very knowledgeable geeks in our midst, maybe we can work together to answer each other's questions

IntenseDebate w/ login via Facebook

Postby vms » Sat May 11, 2013 2:21 pm

I've decided to try to set up a blog for the 1st time. I did it with Google's Blogger with not much work. I then decided to use IntenseDebate for comments and got that installed without much pain. So far so good, working as I expect.

Now I'm trying to Enable logins via Facebook Connect. I followed the instructions and everything looks OK. I created the fb app and set up the 'Website with Facebook Login'. I copied the 'App ID' into the IntenseDebate 'Facebook API Key' text field. But when I log out of Blogger & IntenseDebate and go to my blog to comment I don't see the 'Facebook' button. I decided to Enable logins via Twitter since there's no setup for it and the Twitter button doesn't show up either.

I suspect it must be some setting on my blog. I've spent a couple days searching with Google for a solution but can't find anything. Anybody here have experience with this? Anybody have any idea what's wrong?

Thanks
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: IntenseDebate w/ login via Facebook

Postby E-lad » Sat May 11, 2013 3:18 pm

How about a link to your blog?
Life is a comedy for those who think, and a tragedy for those who feel.- Horace Walpole
E-lad

Re: IntenseDebate w/ login via Facebook

Postby vms » Sat May 11, 2013 10:32 pm

All of a sudden it's now working. Don't know why.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Return to It's All Geek To Me