Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Oooooo... Hammy's gonna freak out

Discussion on things related to AiG and Ken Ham

Oooooo... Hammy's gonna freak out

Postby shadowmouse » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 am

http://time.com/4820930/nonbinary-gende ... =fark_time

But the fact that Oregon has made an "X" available is a sign of the zeitgeist, in which many people are questioning long-held notions about gender — with some coming to view it as a spectrum rather than a toggle — and in which LGBTQ groups are winning many fights for greater acceptance. In a GLAAD survey reported on exclusively by TIME earlier this year, 20% of millennials said they are something other that strictly straight and cisgender, compared to 7% of boomers.

Could this send teh Hamster home to his eternal reward??
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Re: Oooooo... Hammy's gonna freak out

Postby zilch » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 pm

If the liberals get their way, everyone will be forced to be X.

There's a case here in Austria of a young intersex person who wants a passport that doesn't say male or female. The Austrian government is refusing so far. Kinda stupid.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Anyone with more than a basic, and open-minded understanding of the human conditions knows that gender is a social construct and although it was hidden I bet everyone here remembers the odd kid who never and obviously fully fitted into the male/female dichotomy and usually suffered (only, hopefully) good-natured teasing. Maybe they were that kid.
Now, in the West, people are being able to take up their place and breathe easier and have more room and are allowed to express themselves according to their nature.
It's nothing to do with religions and the theists who follow them. No LGBT group has ever stopped a believer attending their church or mosque or synagogue, or even evangelising. If an LGBT group try and make religious expression illegal, then they can go to court to fight for the same rights we have.
Because that's all we want.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby zilch » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Jessica- In todays Standard newspaper here, there were the results of a poll about attitudes towards LGBT issues in Europe. Not surprisingly, the further east and south you were, the less liberal you were. Austria was pretty much in the middle of EU attitudes, although there were some surprises: Austrians were much more accepting of LGBT colleagues, and somewhat less accepting of possible LGBT sons or daughters, than the EU norm. But in general, there's progress. Slow but pretty steady.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:00 pm

Zilch, I've noticed that! The further east and south you go in Europe, the less people are accepting of LGBT people! I wonder why that is?
As for the accepting LGBT colleagues and not family members, it goes off the saying, it's different when it's your own. Like the people who don't mind having a black boss and next door neighbours yet not be happy about (especially) their daughter courting a black man.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?Then he is not omnipotent.Is he able, but not willing?Then he is malevolent.Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? (Epicurus circa:300 BC)
Jessica

Postby zilch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:44 pm

Jessica- I think it has to do with the general level of education, and probably religion. Muslims here in Vienna are pretty intolerant towards LGBT people. But less so, if they speak German rather than their mother tongue at home.

And yes, people were not surprisingly less accepting of their own children being LGBT than collegues. But the difference was bigger in Austria than the EU norm. I wonder why.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Jessica » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:42 pm

I don't know why Austria is less tolerant of LGBT people family members than the rest of Europe. It's probably to do with religion!
Jessica

Return to Answers in Genesis