Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

AiG, Creationists, and Dahmer

Discussion on things related to AiG and Ken Ham

AiG, Creationists, and Dahmer

Postby the_ignored » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:02 am

Well, I stumbled upon this while looking for something else on their site:

Jeffrey Dahmer blaming "evolution" for his actions.

Bad move on AiG's part, having that article there.Why?

Two reasons:
--Look at that first line of theirs:
If a person doesn't think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges?

Way to go, fuckwits! You people just admitted that the only thing that's keeping YOU people from running around and killing and raping people is the fact that you think someone else is watching you?!

Well, isn't *that* a wonderful thing to teach your kids. Which leads to my second point:

--We all know that biologists don't go for the shit Dahmer and creationists attribute to evolution. Creationists do all the time. Just look around the AiG site for a while, especially some of their cartoons!

Now, where did Dahmer pick that attitude up if not from normal biologists?

Here's a clue:

"Dr Lionel Dahmer, Organic Chemistry"

(he doesn't seem to be on their current list, thanks internet!)

Some verification from an old blog posting from Ed Brayton:

Whoops!

How solid *is* this connection? All I can say is that it's a hell of a lot more solid then the creationists constant refrain of "evolution" being responsible.

It would at least explain why Dahmer went after so many homosexuals now, would it?

Then there is Lippard's post:

"UPDATE (September 6, 2013): It has been pointed out to me that if Lionel Dahmer claimed to have become a creationist after his son's arrest, this is false--Jeffrey Dahmer was arrested in 1991, but Lionel Dahmer co-authored a paper in the Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Creationism, a conference which was held in 1990."
the_ignored

Re: AiG, Creationists, and Dahmer

Postby Stoned Immaculate » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:21 pm

You guys don't eat people?
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be god.
Stoned Immaculate

Postby zilch » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 am

It's a pity I won't get to meet Dahmer in the afterlife.

Iirc, Ken has never addressed the issue of "why not be a cannibal (or a nice atheist, or a bank robber, or whatever) and just repent before you die?" Jack Chick featured deathbed conversions often, but advised against waiting too long, because death can strike any time. Pretty weak argument to give up many happy decades of baby barbecues.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:48 pm

the_ignored wrote:
If a person doesn't think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges?

Way to go, fuckwits! You people just admitted that the only thing that's keeping YOU people from running around and killing and raping people is the fact that you think someone else is watching you?!

I know. I've said that xians that use this are basically admitting they're borderline sociopaths. Ray once stated on his video program that if he wasn't a xian he'd be in prison. Those guys need to think things thru.

zilch wrote:Jack Chick featured deathbed conversions often, but advised against waiting too long, because death can strike any time. Pretty weak argument to give up many happy decades of baby barbecues.

Yeah, it is a pretty weak argument but what can they do. They have tell you no matter how "sinful" you've been and no matter for how long there's still time to join us. Well then I think I'll take the chance and wait so I can enjoy all the fun of debauchery.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby Ryk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 am

I once composed an argument that I have yet to have a Christian answer intelligently on the subject of conversion. It goes like this.

Premises.
1. God values free will and humans therefore possess free will.
2. God is all knowing and therefore knows what I will choose to do with my free will.
3. If at some point I accept Jesus Christ in whatever way is the correct way of doing so I will be saved and rewarded in Paradise.
4. If I do not do so I will be condemned to damnation.
5. As Good knows what I will choose to do with my free will then God knows whether I will be in heaven or hell in the afterlife and being infallible God can not be mistaken.

Conclusion
No matter what I do whether maintain atheism or become a Christian is irrelevant. If God knows I am to be in heaven then at some point prior to my death I will have a true conversion and be saved. If however God knows I am to be in hell then even if I devoted myself to Christ and worshipped diligently I would be no more than a false convert.
So I risk nothing living as an atheist.
I like a little rebellion now and then.
Thomas Jefferson
Dead Ryks Underground
Ryk

Postby zilch » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:40 am

Ryk- yep. Another consequence of this argument is that although we may have free will as far as we are concerned, we do not have free will vis a vis God: He has already written our script, including all our "choices". Therefore, although free will may have meaning to us, God cannot claim that we are responsible for our decisions, since they are His decisions. I have yet to get an intelligent Christian answer to this either.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Return to Answers in Genesis