Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Hammy Has a Spear

Discussion on things related to AiG and Ken Ham

Hammy Has a Spear

Postby vms » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:14 pm

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken- ... on-museum/

Life-Size Goliath’s Spear Donated to the Creation Museum

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Re: Hammy Has a Spear

Postby zilch » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:18 pm

If you look at the spearhead you can clearly see that it was simply cut out of a sheet of modern coldrolled iron, not forged as it would have been back then. Not surprising.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby vms » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:21 pm

zilch wrote:If you look at the spearhead you can clearly see that it was simply cut out of a sheet of modern coldrolled iron, not forged as it would have been back then. Not surprising.

Fake spears for a fake story.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.--Winston Churchill

The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
vms
Site Admin

Postby shadowmouse » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:59 pm

The spear shafts are made from red oak - native wood from eastern North America.... :roll:
"Get smart and I'll fuck you over -- sayeth The Lord."
-- Frank Zappa, re: Christianity's preference for perpetuation of ignorance

"I can literally tell you all to fuck off and you'll go awww." — Benedict Cumberbatch
shadowmouse

Postby BeamStalk » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:20 pm

shadowmouse wrote:The spear shafts are made from red oak - native wood from eastern North America.... :roll:

The people that buy into this won't be able to tell any of this, and even if one points it out it will be dismissed as well this is just supposed to show how big it would have been not to be authentic.
The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
-Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"
BeamStalk

Postby zilch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 am

shadowmouse wrote:The spear shafts are made from red oak - native wood from eastern North America.... :roll:

There is red oak here in Europe too, but I think it's a different species. I'm willing to bet this is eastern North America stuff too.
t
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:31 am

They got the spearhead style wrong too.
http://www.ancientresource.com/lots/hol ... apons.html
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Postby zilch » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks, Chris. You can tell just by looking at the ancient spearheads, with their + shaped cross section all the way to the point, that they are not only different from Ham's but superior. Those modern spearheads are not only inauthentic, but junk. I'm also willing to bet that they are not properly socketed and would come off the shaft the first time they were used.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby zilch » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 am

BeamStalk wrote:

The people that buy into this won't be able to tell any of this, and even if one points it out it will be dismissed as well this is just supposed to show how big it would have been not to be authentic.

I agree, but Ham did claim authenticity in his article:
Two visionaries, with the help of expert craftsmen and Answers in Genesis’ correspondence representative Troy Lacey, have crafted six spears, made to the same dimensions, of the same sorts of materials, and using the same methods that the giant Goliath’s spear would have most likely been crafted, according to their research.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Postby ajbjasus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Sheldon Rhodes and Chris Allen have worked since2013 to first determine what Goliath’s spear would have looked like, what materials it would have likely been made from

4 Years to work out what a big spear looks like !

This took me 30 seconds

The shaft of his spear was as heavy and thick as a weaver's beam, tipped with an iron spearhead that weighed 15 pounds. His armor bearer walked ahead of him carrying a shield.
ajbjasus

Next

Return to Answers in Genesis