Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Guillermo Gonzalez hired by Ball State University

Discussion on things related to The Discovery Institute

Guillermo Gonzalez hired by Ball State University

Postby the_ignored » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Found on the Why Evolution is True blog.

Seth Slabaugh at the Muncie Star Press has written a piece on the hiring of intelligent-design (ID) advocate Guillermo Gonzalez in the Physics and Astronomy Department of Ball State University (BSU) in Muncie, Indiana. This department is already under fire for hosting a science course given by professor Eric Hedin, accused of teaching intelligent design (ID) in a public university as well as pushing a Christian point of view on his students. Hedin’s course is currently under review by a committee of professors appointed by BSU’s administration.

A reader at BSU had informed me that Gonzalez’s name was down for two courses at BSU this fall, but it wasn’t clear whether he was simply doing a teaching stint or had been permanently hired at BSU, Now, according to Slabaugh’s piece in today’s paper, “Ball State hires intelligent design leader to teach astronomy“, the latter is the case. Gonzalez is now on staff as a tenure-track faculty member at BSU:

More in Coyne's post.
the_ignored

Re: Guillermo Gonzalez hired by Ball State University

Postby Chris » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:11 pm

I would have thought better of Ball Uni. It will be interesting to see the effect becoming a supporter of ID has on the university.
If perchance I have offended, think but this, and all is mended, that you have but slumbered here, while a vision did appear. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Chris

Return to Discovery Institute