Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Stupid Smart People

Discussion on things related to The Discovery Institute

Re: Stupid Smart People

Postby Whateverman » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Kenyon - welcome to our forums.

The article was written by a scientist who says that science cannot understand certain things. He claims that science excludes the supernatural as an explanation; for example, science will never consider "God" as an explanation for the things that happen here on Earth.

He's right, because supernatural stuff (by definition) can not occur in a natural world (ie. Earth). If something happens to you and me, it must be (by definition) natural.

However, the man who write the article thinks this means science is flawed. We disagree.
"Polymath" means "having learned much"; the correct word for "having failed to learn much" is simply "Ray".
Baldy Slaphead
Whateverman
Site Admin

Postby IntellectualNinja » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:08 pm

Kenyon wrote:what its mean i cannot understand it . stupid smart people anyone explain it with detail.

People with PhDs (doctors) making stupid statements.
Officially "A fundie of a different stripe."
IntellectualNinja

Postby Vagon » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 pm

I've mentioned this in the admin lounge but our friend's posts here seem like they've been code generated. This could just be translating software or it could be a script, feel free to message me if you see any odd posts.
"Jesus said its gonna be alright; he's gonna pack my bags so I can walk in the light; you don't mind if I abuse myself so I can hold my head up?" The Choirboys
Vagon
Site Admin

Postby IntellectualNinja » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:31 am

Vagon wrote:I've mentioned this in the admin lounge but our friend's posts here seem like they've been code generated. This could just be translating software or it could be a script, feel free to message me if you see any odd posts.

It's a little too specific to be a script. Although it wouldn't surprise me if someone is using google translate.
Officially "A fundie of a different stripe."
IntellectualNinja

Postby Happy Humanist » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:47 am

Dr. Hunter is no different than AIG's astrophyicist Dr. Jason Lisle and cell biologist Dr.Georgia Purdom who may look like qualified scientists on paper, but actually skew their science to fit their religious views. Many such scientists work at places like the Creation Museum in Kentucky and Biola University because they have had run-ins with their department heads for mixing religion with science at secular universities or just feel very uncomfortable teaching at a secular university and some of them feel their calling as a Christian is to evangelize through teaching what they consider "correct" (aka bible-based) science. Biola by the way is very fundy and is the school from which Ray Comfort's son-in-law EZ (Emile Zwayne) graduated from.
No Mr. Ham, the Flintstones is not a documentary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrDpquig_3g
Happy Humanist

Previous

Return to Discovery Institute