Welcome to WeAreSMRT.com. Click here to register

Creation Scientists Raise Their Hackles

Discussion on things related to The Discovery Institute

Creation Scientists Raise Their Hackles

Postby lehman scott » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Real science is really starting to get under these guys' skins. The polemics starting to issue forth from posters at this so-called "Scientific Research Institute" are starting to sound like the teenage idiots at CARM who have been fed AiG home-school materials their entire lives:

Mud-to-Mozart Atheology (Or, Who are the real skeptics?)

I find the “skeptic” claim on the part of Darwinian materialists very interesting and equally illuminating. Darwinists exhibit no skepticism whatsoever about the thesis that physical stuff turned into Mozart by chance. (Don’t try to deny this, Darwinists, that is the essence of your claim. You can try to obfuscate with legion “peer-reviewed scientific papers,” but you’re not going to fool me and many others about what you are actually promoting and advocating.)

I choose Mozart not just because I am a classical concert pianist, but because his existence epitomizes everything that Darwinian theory is totally powerless to explain.

Darwinists, claiming to be skeptics, actually exhibit the antithesis of skepticism — making transparently ludicrous claims and providing a never-ending stream of unsupported extrapolations, based only on wildly imaginative speculation with no empirical support.

How is it that Darwinian atheists are the only ones who get to declare themselves legitimate skeptics? Is mud-to-Mozart-by-chance philosophy the only worldview immune to skeptical inquiry?

If their desperation at defending their increasingly marginalized worldview continues to produce this level of empty vindictives, I'd say we're in pretty good shape in the long run.

http://www.uncommondescent.com/intellig ... -skeptics/
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
- - Barack Obama

Pessimism of the Intellect; Optimism of the Will.
- - Antonio Gramsci
lehman scott

Re: Creation Scientists Raise Their Hackles

Postby Roger » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:51 am

Bunch of lying idiots...if evolution didn't face any skepticism, then this list of tests that the theory passed would not exist.

Should evolution be subject to criticism? YES, but it should be HONEST criticism for actual problems it has, NOT made up problems or even worse, being criticized for problems that it "can't answer" when in reality, it's solved years earlier. Behe got nailed for that bullshit in his cross-examination at the Dover trial with his phoney claims about the "problems" with the immune system and the blood clotting cascade.

"...on cross-examination, Professor Behe was questioned concerning his 1996 claim that science would never find an evolutionary explanation for the immune system. He was presented with fifty-eight peer-reviewed publications, nine books, and several immunology textbook chapters about the evolution of the immune system; however, he simply insisted that this was still not sufficient evidence of evolution, and that it was not "good enough." (23:19 (Behe))." (Page 78)
Roger

Re: Creation Scientists Raise Their Hackles

Postby zilch » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 am

You guys gettin all sciency on our asses again? That'll get you a one way ticket to Hell.
You were born. And so you're free. So happy birthday.
- Laurie Anderson
zilch

Return to Discovery Institute